This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling Automotive Intercontroller Communication
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1995 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Simple, analytic intercontroller communication (ICC) models are presented for four specific communication links used in automotive applications: Class 2, CAN, SPI and SCI. These models predict the transmission time and the worst case blocking duration for data transfers based on the bit rate of the medium, the clock rate of the host microcontroller and the amount of data being transmitted. The accuracy of the models is verified through comparison with empirical transmission time measurements for each link, and relative performance is discussed under normalized conditions.
CitationBeck, J. and Lupini, C., "Modeling Automotive Intercontroller Communication," SAE Technical Paper 950295, 1995, https://doi.org/10.4271/950295.
- Bames J. General Motors Class 2 Messages Tech Report XDE-3104 Delco Electronics Corp. 1991
- Bames J. General Motors Class 2 Message Strategy and Application Tech Report XDE-3001 Delco Electronics Corp. 1993
- Lupini C. Braun T. Class 2: An Introduction to Medium Speed Multiplexing SAE paper 920222 February 1992
- Bames J. Serial Data Bus for Communications between Microcomputer Assemblies Tech Report XDE-5024 Delco Electronics Corp. 1994
- Bames J. Lupini C. General Motors Class 2 Communications Requirements Tech Report XDE-3106 Delco Electronics Corp. 1993
- Lupini C. Controller Area Network Protocol Application Document Tech Report XDE-4005 Delco Electronics Corp. 1994
- Controller Area Network Specification 2.0 Robert Bosch GMBH 1991
- Leboczky J. Sha L. Performance of Real-Time Bus Scheduling Algorithms ACM Performance Evaluation Review 14 1 1986
- Lupini C. DLCS/P: Data Link Controller Serial/Parallel Application Document Tech Report XDE-3003 Delco Electronics Corp. 1994
- M68HC11 Reference Manual Motorola Inc. 1991
- QSM: Queued Serial Module Reference Manual Motorola Inc. 1991
- ISO International Standard 9141-2: CARB Requirements for Interchange of Digital Information International Organization for Standardization 1991
- SAE Surface Vehicle Standard J1850: Class B Data Communication Network Interface Society of Automotive Engineers February 1994
- ISO International Standard 11519-4: Class B Data Communication Network Interface International Organization for Standardization 1994
- Sih G.C. Multiprocessor Scheduling to Account for Interprocessor Communication University of California Berkeley 1991
- Tanenbaum A. Computer Networks Prentice Hall 1981
- Tokuda H. Mercer C. Ishikawa Y. Marchok T. Priority Inversion in Real-Time Communications Proceedings of the IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium 348 359 1989