This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Progress in the Development of New Frontal Dummy Components for the Nhtsa Advanced Frontal Protection Program
Published May 23, 1994 by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in United States
The NHTSA is now engaged in the design and development of improved frontal test dummy components and associated instrumentation for application to its ongoing Advanced Frontal Protection Program. New or modified versions of existing Hybrid III designs for the neck, shoulder, thorax, abdomen, pelvis, and lower extremities are currently in varying stages of development, test, and evaluation.
An overview of the design approach and rationale employed for each body region is presented, and a summary of evaluation efforts underway and planned by the NHTSA and other independent parties is provided.
In conclusion, a discussion of anticipated future project direction and schedule is provided.
- Alena V. Hagedorn - Transportation Research Center, Inc.
- Kathleen DeSantis Klinich - Transportation Research Center, Inc.
- Lisa Ore - Transportation Research Center, Inc.
- C. Brian Tanner - Transportation Research Center, Inc.
- Shashi Kuppa - Conrad Technologies, Inc.
- Mark Haffner - NHTSA
- Michael Kleinberger - NHTSA
- Rolf Eppinger - NHTSA
- Barbara C. Hennessey - NHTSA
- Howard Pritz - NHTSA
- Michael Beebe - NHTSA