This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quality and Productivity Increment in Welded Joints with GMAW-M Process for Parcial Fusion Depth
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE Brasil '94
This paper presents the research and development of a problem solution that consist in the fault of fusion depth in the inferior fixation of Mc Pherson's shock absorbers, which could occur an assembly break when in use, resulting in great possibilities to happen serious accidents.
This started by the necessity to promove the welding process stability and to warrant totally the quality of these welded joints.
Primely we made an empirical development, where we change the size of the utilized wire to a great one, that proportionated an increase in the electric arc characteristics, resulting in the desired quality and a productivity gain, using only the open arc time.
We used in this work automatic equipments, provided with welding digital pulsated sources and hydraulic movement to welded assemblage.
So, we obtained a good result in one type, mainly, and afterwards we made a mathematical modeling based in the Heat Input and Mass Input of the joint, making possible to calculate the welding parameters to other products.
|Aerospace Material Specification||Pyrometry|
|Technical Paper||An Advanced Instrument for the Real Time Measurement of Engine Oil Economy|
|Technical Paper||DEVELOPMENT OF A CABIN PRESSURE CONTROL SYSTEM FOR TRANSPORT TYPE AIRCRAFT|
Citationda Silva, E., "Quality and Productivity Increment in Welded Joints with GMAW-M Process for Parcial Fusion Depth," SAE Technical Paper 942423, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/942423.
- Standard AWS number AWS C5.6-79 - Recommended Practices for Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Standard SAE number SAE J1397- Jul. 82 - Estimated Mechanical Properties and Machinabiiity of Steel
- Standard SAE number SAE J403- Feb. 86 - Chemical Compositions of SAE Carbon Steels
- GSP-Pulse- June 86 - Process and Procedure Guidelines for Pulse Spray Welding With an Idealarc Pulse Power 500 - LINCOLN ELECTRIC COMPANY
- Shock Absorbers Standard - number NA-185-1991 - Soldagem de Amortecedores e Molas a Gás - COFAP- Companhia Fabricadora de Peças - UNEG Sistemas de Suspens̄o;
- Standard ASME II - part C - 1992 AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICALS ENGINEERS
- Smartt, H. B. Einerson, C. J. A Model for Heat and Mass Input Control in GMAW Welding Journal May 1993 217-s 229-s;
- Hunt, A. C. Klunken, A. O. Edwards, G. R. Heat Input and Dilution Effects in Microalloyed Steel Weld Metals Welding Journal January 1994 9-s 15-s
- Richardson, I. M. Bucknall, P. W. Stares, I. Teh Influence of Power Source Dynamics on Wire Melting Rate in Pulsed GMAW Welding Journal February 1994 32-s 37-s Cranfield Institute of Technology England
- GS-100 - Gas Metal Arc Welding Guide LINCOLN ELECTRIC COMPANY