This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computer Simulation of Electric-, Gas Turbine-and Gas Turbine Hybrid Electric Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Computer simulations of a gas turbine series hybrid electric vehicle, purely electric vehicle and a gas turbine vehicle (with mechanical transmission) have been developed. The simulation results are compared with published results of conventional diesel and diesel-electric passenger cars, on the basis of a common engine type and driving schedule. The gas turbine series hybrid electric vehicle delivers the lowest emissions of all, although its specific fuel consumption (sfc) is higher than that of a diesel electric passenger car; the gas turbine hybrid electric vehicle's performance is however sensitive to the gas turbine size, battery capacity, and control law employed.
|Journal Article||Analysis of Motor Vibration Isolation System with Focus on Mount Resonances for Application to Electric Vehicles|
|Journal Article||Modeling and Simulation of a Series Hybrid CNG Vehicle|
CitationLiebenberg, L., Nel, A., and Pullen, K., "Computer Simulation of Electric-, Gas Turbine-and Gas Turbine Hybrid Electric Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 941733, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/941733.
- Chalsma, J.K. 1993 Filling up on alternative fuels Machine Design Jan. 8 1993 64 79
- De Petris, C. Giglio, V. Police, G. 1993 Can Hybrid Vehicles reduce the pollutant emissions in urban environments? SAE Paper no. 930046 43 55
- Bullock, K.J. Hollis, P.G. 1991 Gasoline-Electric Hybrid Power Plants Paper no. 910658 191 202
- An, F. Ross, M. 1993 A model of fuel economy and driving patterns. SAE Paper 930328 63 79
- Burke, A.F. 1993 On-off engine operation for Hybrid/Electric Vehicles SAE Paper 930042 17 34
- Kalberlah, A. 1991 Electric hybrid drive systems for passenger cars and taxis Transactions of the SAE, Paper no. 910247 404 413
- US DoE 1993 Electric and Hybrid Vehicles Program: 16th Annual Report to Congress for Fiscal Year 1992 U.S. Department of Energy Washington, D.C. May 1993
- O'Brien, J. 1980 Gas Turbines for automotive use Park Ridge, New Jersey, U.S.A. Noyes Data Corporation
- 1975 Should we have a new engine? An Automobile Power System Evaluation III Technical Reports, Jet Propulsion Laboratory California Institute of Technology 1975
- Adler, U. 1986 Bosch Automotive Handbook (Second Edition) Stuttgart Robert Bosch GmbH
- Pullen, K.R. 1992 A case for the gas turbine series hybrid vehicle. In : Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Battery Electric and Hybrid Vehicles London I. Mech. Eng. HQ
- Fenocchi, A. Etemad, M.R.S. Besant, C.B. Ristic, M. Baines, N.C. 1991 Turbo-Electric transmission: a new concept for vehicles. Paper no. 910641