This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Computer Investigation of the Performance Potential of an Advanced Brake Controller
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper studies the performance benefits attainable by application of an advanced brake controller. This brake controller is optimal in the sense that it determines the wheel slips that provide the maximum level of deceleration while maintaining a specified level of directional stability. It determines target wheel slips for each wheel individually. The performance of the controller is compared to the performance of a more restricted controller that determines only one target wheel slip for the front tires and only one target wheel slip for the rear tires.
|Technical Paper||Electric Trailer Brakes|
|Technical Paper||Description and Performance of Trailer Brake Systems with Recommendations for an Effectiveness Test Procedure|
|Technical Paper||Reference Input Wheel Slip Tracking Using Sliding Mode Control|
CitationKimbrough, S., "A Computer Investigation of the Performance Potential of an Advanced Brake Controller," SAE Technical Paper 940836, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940836.
- Ellis, J.R. 1969 Vehicle Dynamics London Business Books Ltd. 1969
- Bakker, E. Nyborg, L. Pacejka, H. 1987 “Tyre Modelling for Use in Vehicle Dynamics Studies,” SAE Paper 870421 1987
- Kalman, R.E. Bertram, J.E. 1960 “Control System Design via the Second Method of Lyapunov, Part 1.:Continuous Systems,” Journal of Basic Engineering 82 1960
- Kimbrough, S. 1987 “NonLinear Regulators for a Class Of Decomposable Systems” ASME J. of DSMC 1987
- Kimbrough, S. 1990 “Stability Enhancement and Traction Control of Ground Vehicles,” International Journal of System Science 1990 21 6
- Kimbrough, S. 1990 “A Brake Control Strategy for Emergency Stops that Involve Steering” 1990 ASME WAM, AMD 108
- Dantzig, G. 1963 Linear Programming and Extensions Princeton Press 1963