This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SOI Type Pressure Sensor for High Temperature Pressure Measurement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An SOI type pressure sensor has been developed which can measure pressure at high temperature environments above 150°C.
SOI stands for Silicon On Insulator. A single-crystalline silicon layer is located on an insulating layer formed on a silicon substrate. The piezoresistors of the SOI type pressure sensor are made from the single-crystalline silicon layer which is isolated from the silicon substrate by the insulating layer. There is no leakage current from the piezoresistors. The SOI structure is made by the laser-recrystallization-method.
The properties of the SOI type pressure senor are as good as conventional semiconductor pressure sensors.
CitationHase, Y., Bessho, M., and Ipposhi, T., "SOI Type Pressure Sensor for High Temperature Pressure Measurement," SAE Technical Paper 940634, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940634.
- Fukazawa T. Mizukoshi M. Asai A. Hara K. High-Temperature Semiconductor Pressure Sensor for Automobile SAE No. 860473
- Suski J. Mosser V. Goss J. Polysilicon SOI Pressure Sensor, Sensor and Actuators 17 1989 405 414
- Chung G. S. Kawahito S. Ashiki M. Ishida M. Nakamura T. Novel High-performance Pressure Sensor Using Double SOI Structure Transducers '91 Digest of technical papers 1991 676 681
- French P. J. Muro H. Shinohara T. Nojiri H. Kaneko H. SOI Pressure Sensor, Sensors and Actuators A35 1992 17 22
- Petersen K. Brown J. Vermeulen T. Mallon, J. J.R. Bryzek J. Ultra-Stable, High-Temperature Pressure Sensors Using Silicon Fusion Bonding Sensors and Actuators A21-A23 1990 96 101
- Givargizov E. I. Limanov A. B. Prijakin G. D. Vaganov V. I. Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) Structure for Pressure Sensor Sensors and Actuators A28 1990 96 101
- Diern B. Truche R. Viollet-Bosson S. Delapierre G. ‘SIMOX’ (Separation by Ion Implantation of Oxygen): a Technology for High-temperature Silicon Sensors Sensors and Actuators A21-A23 1990 1003 1006
- Sugahara K. Kusunoki S. Inoue Y. Nishimura T. Akasaka Y. Orientation Control of the Silicon Film on Insulator by Laser Recrystallization Jounal of Applied Physics 62 10 1987 4178 4181