This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation of Latency Time for Class C High Speed LAN Protocols
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The latency time of class C in-vehicle LAN systems was evaluated in order to analyze the difference in latency time between the non-destructive CSMA/CD (CSMA/CD+NDA) and the token passing selected as the high speed LAN protocols. The evaluating method was constructed by combining simulation and an analysis equation.
As a result, the limits of traffic volume available for vehicle application were approximately 80 to 90 % for the CSMA/CD+NDA and 30 to 40 % for the token passing at a transmission rate of 1 Mbps.
CitationKato, M., Matsuda, Y., Himono, Y., Nakada, T. et al., "Evaluation of Latency Time for Class C High Speed LAN Protocols," SAE Technical Paper 940363, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940363.
- The Mechanical Social Systems Foundation “Investigation Research Report concerning Super Smart Vehicle System (SSVS)” March 1992
- Inoue et al. “Protocol for Automotive Local Area Network (PALMNET) - A Newly Developed In-Vehicle Communication System Based on SAE J1850” SAE paper 890535
- Johnson Wayne J. et al. “A Proposal for a Vehicle Network Protocol Standard” SAE paper 860392
- Miesterfeld Frederick O. R. “Chrysler Collision Detection (C 2 D) - A Revolutionary Vehicle Network” SAE paper 860389
- Phail Frederick H. et al. “In- Vehicle Networking - Serial Communication Requirements and Directions” SAE paper 860390
- Tanaka et al. “High-Reliability Physical Layer for In-Vehicle High-Speed Local Area Network” SAE paper 910464
- SAE Recommended Practice J1850 “Class B Data Communication Network Interface” 08 12 91
- Draft Proposal of ISO/TC22/SC3/WG1 “Serial Data Communication” October 1990
- Takeda et al. “Electronic Technology for EUNOS COSMO” 1990 8 Mazda Technical Review 49 58
- Nakamura et al. “The High-Speed In-Vehicle Network of Integrated Control System for Vehicle Dynamics” SAE paper 910463
- Inoue et al. “An Evaluation of Latency Time by Simulation for Distributed Multiplex System” SAE paper 910717