This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Wall-Flow Type Diesel Particulate Filter System with Reverse Pulse Air Regeneration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The effects of the factors of reverse pulse air regeneration; pulse air pressure, pulse air time and pulse air interval, were evaluated. Pulse air pressure significantly affects a DPF's pressure drop increase. Pulse air time and pulse air interval do not greatly affect a DPF's pressure drop.
Current DPFs and samples with modified materials were tested. The pressure drop increse varied with the material properties, such as mean pore size and porosity.
Current DPFs are applicable to a DPF system with reverse pulse air regeneration. There is the possibility to get an optimum DPF for the reverse pulse air regeneration system by changing the mean pore size, porosity and/or other properties.
CitationYamada, T., Machida, M., and Ichikawa, Y., "Development of Wall-Flow Type Diesel Particulate Filter System with Reverse Pulse Air Regeneration," SAE Technical Paper 940237, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940237.
- Kojetin P. et al. “Production Experience of a Ceramic Wall Flow Electric Regeneration Diesel Particulate Trap” SAE 930129 1993
- Balzotti A. et al. “Italian City Buses with Particulates Traps” SAE 900114 1990
- Suto H. et al. “Evaluation of Diesel Particulate Filter Systems for City Buses” SAE 910334 1991
- Kitagawa J. et al. “Improvement of Pore Size Distribution of Wall Flow Type Diesel Particulate Filter” SAE 920144 1992
- Igarashi T. et al. “Development of Diesel Particulate Trap Systems for City Buses” SAE 910138 1991
- Matsunuma A. et al. “Status of Particulate Trap System for a Heavy Duty Diesel Truck” SAE 910132 1991
- Takesa K. et al. “Development of Particulate Trap System with Cross Flow Ceramic Filter and Reverse Cleaning Regeneration” SAE 910326 1991
- Kim S.H. et al. “Design of a Diesel Particulate Trap-Incinerator with Simultaneous Filtration and Compressed Air Regeneration(CAR)” SAE 930367 1993
- Mehta S. et al. “On-Road Testing of a Reverse Air-Flow Cleaning, Soot-Oxidizing Diesel Particulate Trap System” SAE 930368 1993
- Taguchi G. “Introduction to Quality Enginnering” 1986 Asian Productivity Organization