This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Recent Progress in Rate Shaping Technology for Diesel In-Line Pumps
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1994 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Simultaneous reductions in NOx, combustion noise and particulate (PM) are required in future diesel engines. In order to satisfy this, rate shaping technology is a key factor in fuel injection system design. This paper describes firstly the latest status of high pressure injection in In-line pump-line-nozzle systems. The effect of smaller nozzle orifice application will be explained, commenting on a reduction in ignition delay period and NOx emission.
Secondly, recent progress in rate shaping technology will be reported. Characteristics of a concave cam profile and an oblong--shaped spill port will be explained.
CitationIshiwata, H., Li, X., Yoshikawa, H., and Kitahara, N., "Recent Progress in Rate Shaping Technology for Diesel In-Line Pumps," SAE Technical Paper 940194, 1994, https://doi.org/10.4271/940194.
- Zelenka P. “Ways Toward the Clean Heavy Duty Diesel” SAE Paper 900602
- Ishiwata H. “A New Series of Timing and Injection Rate Control System Ad-Tics,and P-Tics” SAE Paper 880491
- Mori K. “Technology for Meeting the 1991 U.S.A Exhaust Emission Regulations on Heavy Duty Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 902233
- Gill A.P. “Design Choices For 1990's Low Emission Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 880350
- Zelenka P. “NOx Reduction Strategies for DI Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 920470
- Herzog P. “Injection Rate Control as a Means to Optimize HSDI Diesel Engine and Vehicle Performance” MTZ Motortechnische Zeitschrift 47 1986 12
- Beck N.J. “Injection Rate Shaping and High Speed Combustion Analysis-New Tools for Diesel Engine Combustion Development” SAE Paper 900639
- Herdin G. “Considerations on Low Load Smoke Emissions by Using Pilot and Modulated Injection” SAE Paper 905240
- Miyaki M. “Development of New Electronically Controlled Fuel Injection System ECD-U2 for Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 910252
- Ishiwata H. “A Feasibility Study of Pilot Injection in TICS (Timing and Injection rate Control System)” SAE Paper 940195
- Yoshizu F. “A Study of New Injection and Spray Concepts of Small DI Diesel Engine” I.Mec.E. Proceedings of the “DIESEL FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS” April 1992
- Cartellieri W.P. “Status Report on a Preliminary Survey of Strategies to Meet US-1991 HD Diesel Emission Standards without Exhaust Gas After Treatment” SAE Paper 870342
- Koizumi Y. “Reduction of Fuel SOF Emission by Injection System Improvement for DI Diesel Engine” 1992 JSAE Autumn Convention Proc.924 3