This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hardware-in-the Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test of ECU's
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hardware-in-the-loop simulation may become a standard tool for the development of electronic or mechanical automotive components. A single component or even a whole vehicle can be replaced by mathematical models simulated in real time on small and cost-effective hardware systems, while other components which need testing or are just part of the test setup, are connected to the simulation in a closed-loop configuration. Progress in modelling, experience gained with smaller-scale simulations, and the now available low-cost hardware with easy-to-use software tools make this technology very attractive
CitationHanselmann, H., "Hardware-in-the Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test of ECU's," SAE Technical Paper 931953, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931953.
- Kempf D., Bonderson L.S., Slafer L.I., ‘Real Time Simulation for Application to ABS Development’, SAE paper 870336, 1987.
- Hanselmann H., ‘Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test’, SAE paper 930207, 1993.
- Bach Th., ‘Real-Time simulation in anti lock brake system development based on a personal computer’, VDI-Berichte 974, VDI Verlag, Düsseldorf, 1992, in German; English translation available from dSPACE GmbH.
- Gheorghiu V., Schmitz H., Krohm H., ‘Echtzeitmodelle für Hardware-in-the-Loop-Systeme’, ASM Symposium Simulationstechnik, Berlin, 1993.
- Hanselmann H. ‘Present Status and Future Tendency of DSP Technology’, JSME seminar on ‘Control of Motion and Vibration Based upon Advanced Theory with DSP’, Tokyo, 1992; copy available from dSPACE GmbH.
- Wittenburg J., Wolz U., Schmidt A., ‘MESA VERDE - A General-purpose Program Package for Symbolical Dynamics Simulations of Multibody Systems’, in Schiehlen W., Multibody Systems, Springer Verlag, 1990.