This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vibration Analysis of the Steering Wheel of a Passenger Car Due to the Tire Nonuniformity
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The vehicle vibrations result from the exciting forces which are caused by air force, engine firing, tire mass unbalance, and tire uniformity. Especially, the shake and shimmy phenomena in the steering system are closely related to the vehicle vibration, the tire unbalance, and the tire uniformity. This paper presents the shimmy phenomenon due to the tire mass unbalance and the tire uniformity in order to investigate their effects.
|Technical Paper||Tramping Vibrations in Rigid Axles|
|Technical Paper||Modal Analysis of Tire In-Plane Vibration|
|Technical Paper||Experimental Analysis for the Steering Wheel Vibration Using Mechanical Impedance Methods|
CitationSong, S., Pak, C., Hong, S., Oh, J. et al., "Vibration Analysis of the Steering Wheel of a Passenger Car Due to the Tire Nonuniformity," SAE Technical Paper 931918, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931918.
- Hofelt Clarence Tarpinian H.D. Draves C.Z. “Measuring Tire Uniformity” SAE 650522 1 15
- Nordeen Donald L. Rasmussen Richard E. “Factors Influencing the Measuring of Tire Uniformity” SAE 650734 71 76
- Hamburg James Horsch John “Reduction of Tire Nonuniformities by Maching Techniques” SAE 710089 1 9
- Klamp W.K. Meingast J. “Higher Orders of Tire Force Variations and Their Significance” SAE 720463 1 5
- Walker J.C. Reeves N.H. “Uniformity of Tires at Vehicle Operating Speeds” Tire Science and Technology 1974 163 178
- Morrish L.M. “The Effect of Loaded Radial Run-out on the Roughness and Shake” SAE Paper No. 322 E 1961
- Pottinger. M.G. Marshell. K.D. Lasfher. J.M. “A Review of Tire/Pavement interaction Induced Noise and Vibration” The Tire Pavement Interface, ASTP STP American Society for Testing and Materials Philadelphia 1986 183 287