This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development Work on HMC'S Natural Gas-Fueled 1.5 L MPI DOHC Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Thii paper describes Hyundai's research and development work on the dedicated compressed natural gas (CNG) engine, A conventional light duty gasoline engine, a 1.5 liter four cylinder DOHC, has been modified to run on natural gas (NG) by a gas injection system and engine dynamometer test has been performed with emphasis on optimizations of compression ratio and intake port. Also presented are the results on the exhaust emissions characteristic and the purification performance of three-way catalytic converters developed for NG engine. Fuel composition and THC emissions are analyzed quantitatively using gas chromatography devices.
CitationHyun, C., Bok, L., Lee, M., and Jung, Y., "Development Work on HMC'S Natural Gas-Fueled 1.5 L MPI DOHC Engine," SAE Technical Paper 931869, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931869.
- Weaver Christopher S., “Natural Gas Vehicle - A Review of the State of the Art”, SAE Paper No. 892133, 1989.
- Weaver Christopher S., “Natural Gas Vehicle Emissions and Control Review”, NGV 90 Buenosaires, Argentina, 1990.
- Adams Tim G, “The Development of Ford's Natural Gas Powered Ranger”, SAE Paper No. 852277, 1985.
- Hannu E. Jääskeläinen and Wallace James S., “Performance and Emissions of Natural Gas-Fueled 16 Valve DOHC Four-Cylinder Engine”, SAE Paper No. 930380, 1993.
- Heywood John B., “Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals”, McGraw-Hill Book Company, pp 601-619, 1988.
- Varde Keshav S. and Chemg John C., “Emissions and Their Control in Natural Gas Fueled Engines”, SAE Paper No. 922250, 1992.
- Sakai Takayuki, Choi Byung Chul, Osuga Ryuji, Ko Yoshiuki, “Purification Characteristics of Catalytic Converters for Natural Gas Fueled Automotive Engine”, VI IPC Paper No. 912599, 1991.
- Klimstra Jacob, “Catalytic Converters for Natural Gas Fueled Engines - A Measurement and Control Problem”, SAE Paper No. 872165, 1987.
- Bruetsch Robert I., “Emission, Fuel Economy and Performance of Light Duty CNG and Dual-Fueled Vehicles”, EPA/AA/CTAB-88-05, 1991.