This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
MHC and Other Conversions In A Natural Gas-Fueled Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE Brasil
Natural gas is one of the alternative fuels that has received considerable attention in recent years. It is believed that spark ignition engines designed to operate on natural gas may be able to meet emissions regulations of the ULEV. Natural gas has some interesting characteristics which engine designers may be able to use successfully to meet impending regulations. However, concerns have been raised on the type of suitable catalyst for such engines and whether existing catalysts designed for gasoline fuel would meet natural gas engine requirements. The work described in this paper was conducted to assess suitability of some of the existing catalysts in lowering natural gas engine emissions.
|Technical Paper||Lean Burn Natural Gas Fueled S.I.Engine and Exhaust Emissions|
|Technical Paper||Partial Regenerations in Diesel Particulate Filters|
CitationVarde, K. and Bohr, T., "MHC and Other Conversions In A Natural Gas-Fueled Engine," SAE Technical Paper 931632, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931632.
- Lovell, W.G. “Engine Knock and Molecular Structure of Hydrocarbons” SAE Trans. (Q) 2 532 1948
- Karim, G.A. Klat S.R. “The Knock and Autoignition Characteristics of some Gaseous Fuels and their Mixtures” J. Inst. of Fuel 39 109 119 1966
- Weaver, C.S. “Natural Gas Vehicle - A Review of the State of the Art” SAE Paper No. 892133 1989
- Karim, G.A. Wierzba, I. “Comparative Studies of Methane and Propane as Fuels for S.I. and Compression Ignition Engines” SAE Paper No. 831196 1983
- Stone, C. R. Ladommatos, N. “Design and Evaluation of a Fast Burn Spark Ignition Combustion System for Gaseous Fuels at High Compression Ratio” I. Inst. of Energy 64 202 211 1991
- Unich, A. Bata, R. M. Lyons, D. W. “Natural Gas: A Promising Fuel for I.C. Engines” SAE Paper 930929 1993
- Fleming, R. D. O'Neal, G. B. “Potential for Improving the Efficiency of a Spark Ignition Engine for Natural Gas Fuel” SAE Paper 852073 1985
- Varde, K. S. Cherng, J. C. Bailey, C.J. Majewski, W. A. “Emissions and Their Control in Natural Gas Fueled Engines” Paper 922250 , SAE Publication SP-938 1992
- Rudy, W. M. “Catalytic Control of Exhaust Emissions from CNG Fueled Engines’ SAE Optimized Methanol and Natural Gas fueled Vehicles Workshop Knoxville, TN September 1990
- Burns, K. R. Collins, M. F. Heck, R. M. “Catalytic Control of NOx Emissions from Stationary Rich-Burning Natural Gas Engines” ASME Paper 83-DGP-12 1983
- Sakai, T. Choi, B. Osuga, R. Ko, Y. Kim, E. “Unburned Fuel and Formaldehyde Purification Characteristics of Catalytic Converters for Natural Gas Fueled Automotive Engine” SAE Paper 920596 1992