This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computer Simulation of a 20-kHz Power System for Advanced Launch Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The performance of two 20-kHz actuator power systems being built for an advanced launch system are evaluated for a typical launch scenario using an end-to-end system simulation. Aspects of system performance ranging from the switching of the power electronic devices to the vehicle aerodynamics are represented in the simulation. It is shown that both systems adequately stabilize the vehicle against a wind gust during a launch. However, it is also shown that in both cases there are bus voltage and current fluctuations which make system power quality a concern.
CitationSudhoff, S., Wasynczuk, O., Krause, P., and Kenny, B., "Computer Simulation of a 20-kHz Power System for Advanced Launch Systems," SAE Technical Paper 931425, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931425.
- Carey, McCleskey, Haley, Rusching, Launch Site Electric Actuation Analysis for Operational Consideration and SRB TVC EMA versus APU/Hydraulics Comparison NASA KSC Technical Report, November 1992
- Murray, W.E. Feiner, L.J. Flores, RR. Evaluation of All-Electric Secondary Power for Transport Aircraft NASA LeRC Contractor Report 189077, January 1992
- Murray, W.E. Feiner, L.J. Evaluation of All-Electric Secondary Power for Transport Aircraft Volume II NASA LeRC contractor report 189237, October 1992
- Mapham, Neville An SCR Inverter with Good Regulation and Sine- Wave Output IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, IGA-3 176 187 March/April 1967
- Sul, S. K. Lip, T.A. Field-Oriented Control of an Induction Machine in a High Frequency Link Power System IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 5 4 October 1990
- Krause, P.C. Analysis of Electric Machinery, McGraw-Hill, New York, New York, 1986
- Leibal, David W. Actuator System Performance Study NASA LeRC Technical Report, September 1990
- Sudhoff, S. D. Wasynczuk, O. Krause, P.C. Kenny, B. Computer Simulation of a Resonant DC Link for Advanced Launch Systems 1993 Aerospace Atlantic
- Chris Fulmer, Driver, Inverter Performance Summary Report NASA LeRC contract NAS3-25799, October 1992
- Sudhoff, S.D. Hansen, I.G. Kenny, B.H. Improving Power Quality in a 20-kHz Distribution Systems NAECON’ 93