This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Design Changes as a Solution to a Resonance Fatigue Problem of a Sports Car
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Optimal design changes to solve vibration induced fatigue failures can only be derived by including structural dynamics considerations into the fatigue lifetime calculation process. Such an integrated design approach to resonance fatigue problems has been developed within the EC Esprit Project 2486 DYNAMO. Also an integration of crack initiation and crack growth calculations has been realised. This integrated dynamic analysis/fatigue analysis procedure is demonstrated in the paper by means of a resonance fatigue problem of a car.
CitationVan der Auweraer, H., Liefooghe, C., Leuridan, J., and Sas, P., "Structural Design Changes as a Solution to a Resonance Fatigue Problem of a Sports Car," SAE Technical Paper 931341, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/931341.
- NIAGRA Technical Manual nCode International Ltd. 230 Woodbourn Road, Sheffield S9 30Q - UK.
- CADA-X Modal Design User Manual, Rev. 3.0, LMS INTERNATIONAL, Interleuvenlaan 68,3001 Leuven-Belgium
- N.M.M. MAIX An Introduction to the Singular Value Decomposition Technique (SVD) 7th International Modal Analysis Conference (IMAC) Las Vegas-Nevada 1989 335 339
- LIEFOOGHE, C. LEURIDAN, J. VAN DER AUWERAER, H. Integration of Structural Dynamics and Fatigue Analysis Proceedings International Conference on Structural Integrity AssessmentManchester Spring 1992 Elsevier, ISBN-1-85166-771-7, 269 279
- LIEFOOGHE, C. LEURIDAN, J. VAN DER AUWERAER, H. Modal Filtering Approach to Dynamic Fatigue Analysis 10th International Modal Analysis Conference (IMAC) San Diego-California 1992 560 566
- OTTE, D. VAN DE PONSEELE, P. LEURIDAN, J. Operational Deflection Shapes in Multisource Environments 8th International Model Analysis Conference (IMAC) Kissimee-Florida. 1990 413 421
- VAN DER AUWERAER, H. LIEFOOGHE, C. WYCKAERT, K. DEBILLE, J. Comparative Study of Excitation and Parameter Estimation Techniques on a Fully Equipped Car Proceedings of 17th International Seminar on Modal Analysis and Structural Dynamics Leuven, 1992
- ASTM Standard E1049-85, Standard Practices for Cycle Counting in Fatigue Analysis Annual Book of Standards, 1986