This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Magnetic-Marker-Based Lane Keeping: A Robustness Experimental Study
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1993 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Experimental results on an automatic lane keeping control study are presented in this paper. A magnetic reference system was used to provide the vehicle lateral tracking error as well as future road curvature information and vehicle speed measurement to the vehicle steering controller. The front wheels of the vehicle are steered according to vehicle lateral displacement, future road curvature, vehicle yaw rate and lateral acceleration, and vehicle speed. The control algorithm used to design the feedback and feedforward controllers is known as the Frequency-Shaped-Linear-Quadratic Preview (FSLQ-preview) optimal control design method. The closed loop response of the vehicle was examined under a wide variety of test conditions, including low tire pressure, measurement noise, perturbed reference system, hard braking, and snowy road.
|Technical Paper||CALVIN: Winner of the Fourth Annual Unmanned Ground Vehicle Design Competition|
|Technical Paper||Activation Timing of a Collision Avoidance System with V2V Communication|
CitationPeng, H., Zhang, W., Shladover, S., Tamizuka, M. et al., "Magnetic-Marker-Based Lane Keeping: A Robustness Experimental Study," SAE Technical Paper 930556, 1993, https://doi.org/10.4271/930556.
- Kenue S.K. Wybo D.R. “LaneLok: An Improved Hough Transform Algorithm for Lane Sensing Using Strategic Search Method.” GMR report-7157
- Peng H. et al. “A Theoretical and Experimental Study on Vehicle Lateral Control,” Proceedings of American Control Conference 1992
- Peng H. Tomizuka M. “Preview Control for Vehicle Lateral Guidance in Highway Automation,” Proceedings of American Control Conference 1991
- Pomerleau D.A. Neural Network Perception for Mobile Robot Guidance, Ph.D. dissertation Carnegie Mellon University 1992
- Ulmer B. “VITA - An Autonomous Road Vehicle (ARV) for Collision Avoidance in Traffic,” Intelligent Vehicle 1992
- Zhang W. et al. “An Intelligent Roadway Reference System for Vehicle Lateral Guidance/Control,” Proceedings of American Control Conference 1990
- Zhang W. et al. “A Full Experimental Study of a Vehicle Lateral Control System,” presented at Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting 1992