This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
DC Side Active Power Filters for Aircraft Electric Power Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 03, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper a new dc-side active filtering system is proposed for aircraft electric power systems. The proposed active filter provides a continuous adjustable reactive power (both in phase and frequency) in the dc-link to meet the changing requirements which arise due to unbalanced and nonlinear loads at the 400(Hz) output. Furthermore, the active filter eliminate the additional capacitive kVA required in the dc-link caused by unbalanced and nonlinear loads. Results from a laboratory prototype active filter are also discussed.
|Technical Paper||Carrier Injection Positive and Negative Sequence Impedances for Wound Field Synchronous Starter/Generators|
|Technical Paper||Design and Performance of a 140 KVA, 3 Phase, 230 VAC, Variable Frequency, Solid State Power Controller|
CitationEnjeti, P. and Kim, S., "DC Side Active Power Filters for Aircraft Electric Power Systems," SAE Technical Paper 929496, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/929496.
- Boost M. Ziogas P.D. “Towards a Zero Output Impadance UPS System,” IEEE Trans. and Ind. Appl. 25 3 May June 1989 408 418
- Ziogas P.D. et al. “Optimum System Design of a Three Phase Rectifier Inverter Type of Frequency Changer,” IEEE Trans. on I.A.,Vol. Ind. Appl. 21 Sep. Oct. 1985 1215 1225
- Sacho K. Larsen R.W. Decoster P.D. “A Low Impedance Uninterruptible Power Technology for Nonlinear Critical Load,” IEEE IAS Conf. Rec. 1986 1036 1042
- Kawamura A. Hoft R.G. “Instantaneous Feedback Controlled PWM Inverter With Adaptive Hysteresis,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl. July Aug. 1984
- Enjeti P. et al. “Analysis of a Static Power Converter Under Unbalance - A Novel Approach,” IEEE Trans. on Ind. Elec. 37 1 Feb. 1990 91 93
- Enjeti P. Kim S. “New DC Side Active Filter for Inverter Power Supplies Compensates for Unbalanced and Nonlinear Loads,” IEEE IAS Conf. Rec. 1991 1021 1031