This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Electrical Power System Integrated Thermal/Electrical System Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 03, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper adds thermal properties to previously developed    electrical Saber templates and incorporates these templates into a functional Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS) simulation. These combined electrical and thermal templates enable the complete and realistic simulation of a vehicle EPS on-orbit. Applications Include on-orbit energy balance determinations for system load changes, initial array and battery EPS sizing for new EPS development, and array and battery technology trade studies. This effort proves the versatility of the Saber simulation program in handling varied and complex simulations accurately and in a reasonable amount of computer time.
|Technical Paper||Modeling and Simulation of Vehicle Electric Power System|
|Technical Paper||Extraction of Battery Parameters for Optimal Performance Using the Circuit Model with a Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm|
CitationFreeman, W., "Electrical Power System Integrated Thermal/Electrical System Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 929315, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/929315.
- Glynn Larry W. McDermott Joseph K. Oss John P. “Saber Digital Computer Simulation of an Electrical Power System” Proceedings IECEC August 1988
- Glynn Larry W. “Solar Array Modeling Techniques” Martin Manetta Proprietary Report 89-D-18S-003 January 1990
- Glynn Larry W. “Battery Modeling Techniques” Martin Marietta Proprietary Report 89-D-18S-004 January 1990
- Freeman W. Eric Glynn Larry W. “Digital Computer Simulation of the Special Programs Electrical Power System using the Saber Simulator” Martin Marietta Unnumbered Test Report April 1990
- VanWormer Steve “Linear Charge Current Control Electrical Power Subsystem” Martin Marietta Report AP-87-005 March 1987
- Anschicks R.D. Brown C.D. Gates R.L. McMordie R.K. Smith E.G. “Spacecraft Design” University of Colorado Course Notes 1981
- Rauschenbach H. S. Solar Cell Array Design Handbook Van Nostrand Reinhold 1980
- Capel A. Ferrante J. Cernet J. LeBlanc P. “Power System Simulation of Low Orbit Spacecraft: The EblosComputer Programme” PESC 1982
- Scott Willard R. “Heat Dissipation and Instantaneous Charge Efficiency in Sealed Nickel-Cadmium Cells” Proceedings IECEC 1980