This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on the Combustion Process of a 2 Liter Supercharged Intercooled D.I. Diesel Engine, Based on Experimental and Modelled Results
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a parametric study on the combustion process of a 2 liter supercharged intercooled direct injection Diesel engine is presented, aiming to improve performance and pollutant emissions at a representative operational condition. Future and actual european emission standards have been taken as a reference for optimization. The study is based on the results of experimental tests carried out on a single cylinder research engine, where all the operating conditions are kept under severe control, and on the results of a phenomenological combustion model adjusted to the tested engine.
CitationPayri, F., Lapuerta, M., and Salavert, J., "Study on the Combustion Process of a 2 Liter Supercharged Intercooled D.I. Diesel Engine, Based on Experimental and Modelled Results," SAE Technical Paper 922209, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/922209.
- Needham, J.R. Doyle, D.M. Faulkner, S.A. Freeman, H.D. “Technology for 1994” SAE paper 891949 1989
- Payri, F. Salavert, J.M. Leiva, A. Valencia May 1992
- Timoney, D.J. “A simple interpretation of optimum swirl in direct injection diesels” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 1988
- Van Gerpen, J.H. Huang, C.H. Borman, G.L. “The effects of swirl and injection parameters on Diesel combustion and heat transfer” SAE paper 850265 1989
- Pilley, A.D. Noble, A.D. Beaumont, AJ. Needham, J.R. Porter, B.C. “Optimization of heavy-duty Diesel engine transient emissions by advancied control of a variable geometry turbocharger SAE paper, 890395 1989
- Von Hoerner, R. Zürner, H.J. “The contribution of the fuel injector equipment to the optimization of fuel consumption and emissions of a heavy-duty Diesel engine.” SAE paper 890850 1989
- Oblander, K. Kollman, K Kramer, M. Kutschera, I. “The influence of high pressure fuel injection on performance and exhaust emissions of a high speed direct injection Diesel engine” SAE paper 890438 1989
- Needham, J.R. May, M.P. Doyle, D.M. Faulkner, S.A. Ishiwata, H. “Injection timing and rate control. A solution for low emissions” SAE paper 900854 1990
- Payri, F Desantes, J.M Revilla, J González, F. “Swirl influence on the performance and emissions of 2 liter per cylinder DITC Diesel engine” International Conference EAEC Strasbourg 1991
- Thien, G. 1965
- Desantes, J.M. Lapuerta, M. Tinaut, F. 51 61 1989
- Payri, F Desantes, J.M. Lapuerta, M. “A phenomenological model for calculating D.I. diesel engine performance and emissions” 276 283 1990
- Lapuerta, M Urchueguia, J. Pedroche, F. “Study on the effect of swirl upon the combustion rate of a 2 liter cylinder DITC Diesel engine” 215 222 1992
- Bassoli, C. Bodritti, G. Cornetti, G.M. “Optimum air motion and spray formation for D.I. diesel SAE paper 850501 1985