This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computer Simulation of One-Dimensional Pulsating Pipe Flow with Diffuser
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The pulsating pipe flow with a diffuser was studied numerically and experimentally. Comparing the numerical results using a Random-Choice Method with those of experiments, a good agreement was found regarding pressure histories at each station along pipes, and in particular, as far as the locations of shock waves are concerned the agreement was excellent.
CitationEndo, M. and Iwamoto, J., "Computer Simulation of One-Dimensional Pulsating Pipe Flow with Diffuser," SAE Technical Paper 921724, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/921724.
- Endo M. Iwamoto J. “The Influence of Wave Action on Mass Flow Rate through Pipes” SAE Paper 911724 1991
- Endo M. Iwamoto J. “A Numerical Study of Pulsating Pipe Flow With and Without a Nozzle” SAE Technical Paper 900678 1990
- Endo M. Iwamoto J. “A Numerical Study of Pulsating Flow in a Duct with a Junction” SAE Transactions 911783 1991
- Jenny E. “Unidimensional transient flow with consideration of friction, heat transfer and change of section” The Brown Boveri Review 447 461 Nov. 1950
- Takizawa M. et al. “A Study of Gas Exhaust Process Simulation of an Automotive Multi-Cylinder Internal Combustion Engine” SAE Paper 820410 1982
- Chorin A. J. “Random Choice Solution of Hyperbolic Systems” Journal of Computational Physics 22 517 533 1976
- Collela P. “Glimm's Method for Gas Dynamics” SIAM. Sci. Stat. Comput. 3 1 1982
- Sod G. A. “Automotive Engine Modelling with a Hybrid Random Choice Method, II” SAE Paper 800288 1980