This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in D.I. Diesel Engine with High Pressure Fuel Injection
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Two dimensional flame temperature distributions in D.I. diesel engine with high pressure fuel injection were measured by the image analysis of high speed photographs based on two color method.
Effects of injection pressure and nozzle hole diameter on flame temperature distribution were examined. The flame temperature in the case of high pressure injection is higher than that in low injection pressure. The higher flame temperature in high pressure injection results from the rapid compression of burned gases.
The KL value which is an index of soot density in the combustion chamber decreases as injection pressure increases. The higher oxidation rate of soot at the later period of combustion may contribute to a soot reduction in the case of high pressure injection.
- Shinji Kobayashi - Japan Automobile Research Institute, Inc.
- Takayuki Sakai - Japan Automobile Research Institute, Inc.
- Toshio Nakahira - Advanced Combustion Engrg. Institute Co., Ltd.
- Masanori Komori - Advanced Combustion Engrg. Institute Co., Ltd.
- Kinji Tsujimura - Advanced Combustion Engrg. Institute Co., Ltd.
CitationKobayashi, S., Sakai, T., Nakahira, T., Komori, M. et al., "Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in D.I. Diesel Engine with High Pressure Fuel Injection," SAE Technical Paper 920692, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920692.
- Kato T. Tsujimura T. Shintani M. Minami T. “Spray Characteristics and Combustion Improvement of D.I. Diesel Engine with High Pressure Fuel Injection” SAE Paper 890265
- Minami T. et al “Analysis of Fuel Spray Characteristics and Combustion Phenomena under High Pressure Fuel Injection” SAE Paper 900438
- Yamaguchi I. Nakahira T. Komori M. Kobayashi S. “An Image Analysis of High Speed Combustion Photographs for D.L Diesel Engine with High Pressure Fuel Injection” SAE Paper 901577
- Ahn S. K. Matsui T. Kamimoto T. Matsuoka S. “Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in a D.I. Diesel Engine by Means of Image Analysis of Nega-Color Photographs” SAE Paper 810183
- Kamimoto T. Yokota H. Kobayashi H. “Effect of High Pressure Injection on soot Formation Process in a rapid Compression Machine to Simulate Diesel Flames” SAE Paper 871610
- Wakuri Y. Fujii M. Amitani T. Tsuneya R. “Studies on the Penetration of Fuel Spray of Diesel Engine” Bulletin of the JSME 25 156 1959 820