This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Exhaust Dynamic Effect of Two-Stroke Motorcycle Petrol Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is simple and advisable as well as efficacious to improve the dynamic and economic properties of two-stroke motorcycle petrol engine by means of exhaust dynamic effect. In this paper, the exhaust pipe design method and the effect of some exhaust system factors on the exhaust dynamic effect are researched into by test for the exhaust systems of the two models of motorcycle engines.
Under several operating conditions, exhaust pressure waves are measured respectively at the different points on the exhaust pipes of variously designed sizes. Having analysed the measured exhaust pressure waves and the results simulatively calculated, the relative problems to reasonablely utilize the exhaust dynamic effect of two-stroke motorcycle petrol engines are discussed in some detail.
In author's view, the exhaust dynamic effect will be made good use of, and thereby engine performances will be much improved, provided all of the main sizes of exhaust pipe are carefully tuned and right matched with engine port timing and operating parameters in cylinder, so that the exhaust pressure wave shape is conformed or similar to the ideal pressure wave shape, therefore the best or better exhaust pipe design is brought into being.
CitationHuang, Y., Mao, H., Chang, Y., Liu, D. et al., "A Study on Exhaust Dynamic Effect of Two-Stroke Motorcycle Petrol Engine," SAE Technical Paper 920421, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920421.
- Yiliang Huang Junying Zhang Zongsheng Dai Dehua Liu Huayong Mao “Experimental Investigation on Improving the Performance of Small Two-Stoke Petrol Engine by Means of Modifying its Inlet and Exhaust System” 3 3 1982
- Yiliang Huang Dehua Liu Yingjie Chang “Experimental Investidation on Exhaust Dynamic Effect of Two-Stroke Moped Petrol Engine” 1 11 1990
- Huelsse Wilhelm A. “Invesigation and Tuning of the Exhaust System of Small Two-Sroke Cycle Engines” SAE.Transaction 77 1968
- Dehua Liu Huayong Mao Yingjie Chang Yiliang Huang “Measuring and Correcting for the Exhaust pressure Wave of Small Two--Sroke Petrol Engine” 3 1989
- Dehua Liu Huayong Mao “Research on Measuring Method for Trapping Efficiency of Small Two-Sroke Petrol Engine” 4 1983