This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Variable Displacement Oil Pump for Automotive Active Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1992 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new variable displacement pump has been developed. This pump can variably change its discharged flow rate in accordance with the revolution changes of an automotive engine from idling engine speed to 6000rpm. It can quickly discharge oil necessary for controlling the autmotive active suspension system.
This pump is of a swash plate, axial piston type which controls optimal fluid flow in time by using a pressure sensing control valve. Further, in order to improve the quietness in the vehicle system, the pulsation of the pump pressure was reduced and this pump's utility was realized for automobile use.
This is a report on how the pump was introduced for commercial automobile use.
|Technical Paper||A Turbine-Speed Pump for Vehicle Transmission Use|
|Technical Paper||Research on Novel Pump/Motor Displacement-Varying Mechanism Controlled with High-Speed On-Off Valve|
|Technical Paper||A New Pump for CVT Applications|
CitationOhno, H., Hasebe, T., Kato, K., Fujita, S. et al., "Development of Variable Displacement Oil Pump for Automotive Active Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 920269, 1992, https://doi.org/10.4271/920269.
- Akimoto K. Power saving Control System Journal of The Japan Hydraulics & Pneumatics Society 13 3 177 184 1982
- Muller H. W. Kassing W. Wurtenberger D. 20 1 27 33 1976
- Schoenau G. J. Burton R. T. Kavanagh G. P. Dynamic Analysis of a Variable Displacement Pump A. S. M. E. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control 112 122 132 1990-5
- Sindo K. Kojima E. Shinada M. Study on the Noise Generating Mechanism of Swash Plate Type Axial Piston Pumps (1st Report, Transmittance Characteristics of Vibrating Energy in Main Components) Journal of The Japan Hydraulics & Pneumatics Society 18 1 60 68 1987
- Inoue K. Nakazato M. A Study on Operating Moment of a Swash-plate Type Axial Piston Pump (First Report, Effects of Dynamic Caracteristics of a Tilt Angle Supporting Element on the Operating Moment) Journal of The Japan Hydraulics & Pneumatics Society 18 4 313 320
- Komiyama K. Nagahara Y. Saito H. Saito K. Maeda K. Noise Reduction of Hydraulic Piston Pump & Motor Komatu Technical Report 35 124 118 129
- Ernst W. Oil Hydraulic Power and its Industrial Applications McGRAW-HILL