This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Application of Semi - Analytically Modified Transfer Matrix Method for Structural Dynamic Analysis of Arbitrary Structure
Published November 01, 1991 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Korea in South Korea
Annotation ability available
Structural dynamic analysis of an arbitrary structure such as vehicle structure can be carried out using finite element method or other numerically oriented approaches. Analytical approach is usually preferred due to its convenience for parametric studies, however such an approach can usually be followed for limited class of geometries only.
In the present work, a method which was proposed by Barboni, Gaudenzi, Mannini and Santini, which modified the well known transfer matrix method by expanding the governing differential equations for the structural state vector into a power series, with the power related to the eigenvalues of the dynamic eigenvalue problem, is followed and rederived. The procedure is first applied to basic bending and torsional oscillation of beams, and the results are compared to analytical solution. Next the problem of structure with arbitrary geometry is analysed. For this purpose, the bending oscillation of non-prismatic beam is considered. Previous formulation can readily be applied for piecewise continuous approximation to the structure.
CitationDjojodihardjo, H. and Gunawan, L., "Development and Application of Semi - Analytically Modified Transfer Matrix Method for Structural Dynamic Analysis of Arbitrary Structure," SAE Technical Paper 912584, 1991.
- Barboni R. Gaudenzi P. Mannini A. Santini P. An Application to the Dynamics of Large Space Structures of a New Semi-Analytic Method for Structural Analysis Paper ICAS90-1.6.4, Paper presented at 17th Congress, International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Stockholm 9-14 September 1990
- Pestel, E.C. Leckie, F.A. Matrix Methods in Elasto Mechanics McGraw Hill New York 1963
- Thomson, William T. Theory of Vibration with Applications Prentice Hall of India 1982
- Meirovitch, L. Elements of Vibrational Analysis Mc Graw Hill 1975
- Djojodihardjo, H. dan Gunawan, L. “Kaji Perbandingan Metoda Transfer Matriks dan Metoda Rayleigh Ritz pada batang Kantilever” Paper pada Seminar Perkembangan Terakhir dalam perhitungan Struktur, ITB 1988