This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Relation Between Diffusion Process of Sulfur Oxides in Exhaust Gas into Oil Film and Wear of Cylinder Liner and Piston Rings in Diesel Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, to reveal behavior of SO2 gas which is recirculated from the exhaust gas on wear of piston rings and cylinder liner in diesel engines, a numerical model to estimate the amount of SO2 in oil layer on the cylinder wall is developed. The experimental fact that increase of wear of the piston rings and the cylinder liner due to EGR can be explained by the increase of the calculated SO2 concentration in the oil layer.
CitationNagaki, H. and Korematsu, K., "Relation Between Diffusion Process of Sulfur Oxides in Exhaust Gas into Oil Film and Wear of Cylinder Liner and Piston Rings in Diesel Engines," SAE Technical Paper 912400, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/912400.
- Watson, N. A.D. Marzouk, M. “A Combustion Correlation for Diesel Engine Simulation;” SAE International Congressand Exposition Detroit, Michigan SAE Paper 800029 1980
- Namazian, M. Heywood. J.B. “Flow in the Piston-Cylinder-Ring Crevices of a Spark-Ignition Engine: Effect on Hydrocarbon Emissions, Efficiency and Power;” SAE Paper 820088 1982
- Colin, R. Ferguson “Internal Combusion Engines;” John, Wiley & Sons, Inc. 237
- Korematsu. K. “Effects of Fuel Absorbed in Oil Film n Unburnt Hydrocarbon Emissions from Spark Ignition Engines (Numerical Model of Dynamic Process of Fuel Absorption and Desorption);” JSME Int. J. 33 3 1990 607
- George Carrier Francis Fendell Phillip Feldman “Cyclic Absorption/Desorption of Gas in a Liquid Wall Film;” Combustion and Science and Technology 1981 25 9 19
- Jesper Schramm Spencer Sorenson C. “A Model for Hydrocarbon Emissions from SI Engines;” SAE paper, No. 902169 163
- Robert, D. Richtmyer Morton, K.,W. “Difference Method for Initial-Value Problems;” John, Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Goto, R. Nagumo, S. Hase, Y. Masuda, G. “Analysis on Piston Ring Lubrication in Gasoline Engines;” Paper of SAE Japan 841004 19
- Iwashima “Measurement of Henry's Law Constant of SO 2 through Motor Oil;” Batchlor's Thesis of Kogakuin University 1991
- Kozou Shinoda “Solutions and Solutability;” Maruzen 1985 110
- Kawakami, T. Nakagawa, E. “Lubrication Problem on Diesel Engine EGR;” Lubrication 27 5 1982 328
- Satoh, N. Akagawa, H. “Effect of EGR on Exhaust Emissions and Durability of a Heavy-duty NA DI Diesel Engine;” J of SAE Japan 44 8 1990 70
- Suzuki, T. “Reduction of Exhaust Emissions of Diesel Engines;” 67th Symp. of JSME D 900-14 1990 369