This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
26 X 6.6 Radial-Belted Aircraft Tire Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Preliminary results from testing of 26 X 6.6 radial-belted and bias-ply aircraft tires at NASA Langley's Aircraft Landing Dynamics Facility (ALDF) are reviewed. These tire tests are part of a larger, on going joint NASA/FAA/Industry Surface Traction and Radial Tire (START) Program involving three different tire sizes. The 26 X 6.6 tire size evaluation includes cornering performance tests throughout the aircraft ground operational speed range for both dry and wet runway surfaces. Static test results to define 26 X 6.6 tire vertical stiffness properties are also presented and discussed.
|Technical Paper||Tire/Runway Friction Interface|
|Technical Paper||Aircraft Radial-Belted Tire Evaluation|
|Technical Paper||The Effect of Runway Surface and Braking on Shuttle Orbiter Main Gear Tire Wear|
CitationDavis, P., Martinson, V., Yager, T., and Stubbs, S., "26 X 6.6 Radial-Belted Aircraft Tire Performance," SAE Technical Paper 912157, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/912157.
- Yager, Thomas J.: Aircraft Radial-Ply Tire Friction Performance. Presented at the Tire Industry Conference, Greenville, South Carolina, October 26, 1989.
- Davis, Pamela A.; Stubbs, Sandy M.; Yager, Thomas J.: Cornering and Braking Characteristics of 40 X 14 Bias-Ply, Radial-Belted, and H-type Bias-Ply Tires. Presented at the Tire Industry Conference, Greenville, South Carolina, October 25, 1990.
- Yager, Thomas J.; Stubbs, Sandy M.; Davis, Pamela A.: Aircraft Radial-Belted Tire Evaluation, SAE No. 901913. Presented at the SAE Atlantic Aerospace, Dayton, Ohio, April 1991.
- Davis, Pamela A.; Stubbs, Sandy M.; and Tanner, John A.: Langley's Aircraft Landing Dynamics Facility, NASA RP 1198, October 1987.
- Horne, Walter B.; and Dreher, Robert C.: Phenomena of Pneumatic Tire Hydroplaning, NASA TN D-2056, November 1963.
- Clark, Samuel K., ed.: Mechanics of Pneumatic Tires. U.S. Government Printing Office, 1982.