This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Development of a Calculation Model to Estimate the Heat Flow by Heat Transfer and Sun Radiation into Passenger Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A calculation model has been developed to accurately estimate the heat transmission through the wall of the passenger compartment of a car.
This calculation model estimate the specific heat flow by heat transfer into passenger cars using the calculated outside surface temperatures of the passenger compartment.
If the real outside surface temperatures are known, the specific heat flow into the passenger compartment can be calculated precisely without compromising the physical properties of air near the outside surface of the compartment wall.
The cooling load can be determined using the calculated outside surface temperature of a vehicle, in the earliest stage of a new car design.
CitationKettner, D. and Okura, E., "The Development of a Calculation Model to Estimate the Heat Flow by Heat Transfer and Sun Radiation into Passenger Cars," SAE Technical Paper 911932, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911932.
- Vliet, G.C. Natural convection local heat transfer on constant-heat-flux inclined surfaces J. Heat Transfer 1969 511 516
- Fujii, T Imura, H. Natural convection heat transfer from a plate with arbitrary inclination Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 15 1972 755 767
- Churchill, S.W. A correlation equation for almost everything Thornton Etaner Press 1982
- Gnielinski, V. Forsch.-Ing.Wes. 41 1975 145 150
- Churchill, S.W. A comprehensive correlating equation for laminar, assisting, forced and free convection AIChE J. 10 1977 10 16
- Collares-Pereira, M. Rable, A. Solar Energy 22 155 1979
- Heywood, H. Solar Energy: Past, Present and Future Applications Engineering 176 1953 377 80 409 11
- Chiou, J.P. Effect of Glass Angles on the Cooling Loads of Automobile Air Conditioners SAE 880048
- Kondo, H. Okura, E. An Analytical Approach to Aid in Designing and Developing Automotive Air-Conditioning System for Fuel Economy 4th Automotive Engineering Conference Melbourne Australia 1979
- Kato, K. ZEXEL Internal Report
- Sullivan, R. Selkowitz, S. Effects of Glazing and Ventilation Options on Automobile Air Conditioner Size and Performance SAE 900219