This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The UNICAMP Experiments with Hydrogen Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work presents the research and development program of Laboratõrio de Hi̠drogênio da UNICAMP for substitution of automotive petroleum fuels by electrolytic produced hydrogen. The possibilities of partial diesel substitution by one mixture of diesel and hydrogen and the total gasoline substitution in a Otto-cycle engine were examined. In both cases the hydrogen storage was realized in the hydride form, with the manufacture of one reservoir of FeTi alloy and other of Mg-Ni alloy. This option for the hydride form was because the massive use of hydrogen requires an adequate solution for the problem of its storage.
The diagrams of the gas installation in the vehicles, the reservoirs and the adaptation of the gasoline and diesel vehicles to hydrogen are also presented.
|Technical Paper||The Performance of an IDI Diesel Engine Having Low Concentrations of Hydrogen in the Intake Air|
|Aerospace Material Specification||Tapes, Pressure-Sensitive, Adhesive, Preservation and Sealing|
Citationda Silva, E., "The UNICAMP Experiments with Hydrogen Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 911704, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911704.
- do Amaral, S.S. “Energia no Brasil” Goldemberg, J. (Coordinator) ACIESP 1976 70
- Turillon, P. Design of hydride containers for hydrogen storage Proc. 4th. World Hydrogen Energy Conf. Pasadena, Ca., USA Pergamon Press NY 1982 3 1289 1305
- Furuhama, S. Kobayashi, Y. Development of a hot-surface ignition hydrogen injection two-stroke engine Proc. 4th. World Hydrogen Energy Conf. Pasadena, Ca. USA, Pergamon Press NY 1982 3 1009 1020
- Peschka, W. Liquid hydrogen fueled automotive vehicles in Germany - status and development Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 1986 11 721 728
- Ministério das Minas e Energia “Balanço Energético Nacional - 1983” M.M.E. Brasil 1983
- Hoffman, K.C. et al. Metal hydride storage for mobile and stationary applications Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 1976 1 133 151
- da Silva, E. P. “Introdução à Tecnologia e Economia do Hidrogênio” Ed. UNICAMP 1991 Campinas, SP
- da Silva, E. P. Caracterização da liga de FeTi (2% terras raras) utilizada no armazenamento de hidrogênio Anais do 459 Congresso Anual da Ass. Bras. de Metais Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Janeiro ABM 1990 3 585 605
- da Silva, E. P. The UNICAMP magnesium-nickel hydride Proc. 6th. World Hydrogen Energy Conf. Viena, Austria Pergamon Press NY 1986 2 838 844