This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Air Revitalization for Optimized Crew and Plant Environments
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For long-duration space explorations such as the advanced manned missions to the moon and Mars, optimized environmental conditions are essential. This approach will not only maximize the efficiencies of the crew and other systems, but also minimize the requirements for power, weight, volume and expendables. Life Systems, working with NASA-JSC, has been investigating ways to apply various physical, chemical and electrochemical methods for this purpose.(1)*
CitationLee, M., Grigger, D., and Brown, M., "Advanced Air Revitalization for Optimized Crew and Plant Environments," SAE Technical Paper 911501, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911501.
- Lee, M. G. Grigger, D. J. “Advanced Electrochemical Carbon Dioxide Removal Process Study,” Final Report Life Systems, Inc. Cleveland, OH February 1990
- Bugbee, B. G. Salisbury, F. B. “Current and Potential Productivity of Wheat for a Controlled Environmental Life Support System,” NASA Conference Publication 10040 3 13 27th COSPAR Meeting Espoo, Finland July 1989
- Andre, M. Cotte, F. Gerbaud, A. Massimino, D. Massimino, J. Richaud, C. “Effect of CO 2 and O 2 on Development and Fructification of Wheat in Closed System,” NASA Conference Publication 10040 15 26 27th COSPAR Meeting Espoo, Finland July 1989
- Bugbee, B. “Carbon Use Efficiency in Optimal Environments,” 19th Intersociety Conference on Environmental Systems SAE Paper No. 891572 San Diego, CA July 1989
- Wright, B. D. Garcia A. III, “CELSS Engineering: Proportional Control of CO 2 Using Higher Plants,” 19th Intersociety Conference on Environmental Systems SAE Paper No. 891573 San Diego, CA July 1989
- Hill, W. A. Loretan, P. A. Bonsi, C. K. Morris, C. E. Lu, J. Y. Ogbuehi, C. Carver, G. W. “Utilization of Sweet Potatoes in CELSS,” NASA Conference Publication 10040 27 38 27th COSPAR Meeting Espoo, Finland July 1989
- Andre, M. Du Cloux, H. Richard, C. H. “Wheat Response to Carbon Dioxide Enrichment: Carbon Dioxide Exchanges, Transpiration and Mineral Uptake,” 405 428 CELSS '85 Workshop Moffett Field, CA July 16-19 1985
- Wheeler, R. M. Mackowiak, C. L. Sager, J. C. Knott, W. M. “Effects of Atmospheric CO 2 on Photosynthetic Characteristics of Soybean Leaves,” 93 106 CELSS '89 Workshop Moffett Field, CA March 1990