This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimum Design Method for Hydraulic Engine Mounts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hydraulic engine mounts(HEM) are replacing conventional rubber mounts to provide better ride quality and to reduce noise. However, detailed analysis of the HEM is needed to predict ideal performance conditions. In this study, the optimum design of a HEM is modelled using design optimization theory for a dynamic absorber. After determining ideal behavior by simulation, an experimental mounts is designed and tested to verify the model.
CitationSeto, K., Sawatari, K., Nagamatsu, A., Ishihama, M. et al., "Optimum Design Method for Hydraulic Engine Mounts," SAE Technical Paper 911055, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911055.
- Bernuchon Marc “A New Generation of Engine Mounts” SAE Paper 840259
- Marjoram Robert H. “Pressurized Hydraulic Mounts for Improved Isolation of Vehicle Cabs” SAE Paper 852349
- Kadomatsu Kohji “Hydraulic Engine Mount for Shock Isolation at Acceleration on FWD Cars” SAE Paper 891138
- Sugino Masaru “Optimum Application Method for Hydroelastic Engine Mounts” SAE Paper 861412
- Flower Wallace C. “Understanding Hydraulic Mounts for Improved Vehicle Noise, Vibration and Ride Qualities” SAE Paper 850975