This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Stretch-Flange Formability of High-Strength Steel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A high stretch-flange formability is required of the suspension parts and road wheels. So, the factors effecting stretch-flange formability of hot rolled high strength steel sheet were investigated. The stretch-flange formability was evaluated with a punched hole expansion ratio (λ = d/d0).
The inclusion (MnS etc.) deteriorates λ. The hole expansion property is affected by a microstructure. Bainite is most desirable. Incidentally, the form of the cementite in bainite has effect on it. Increase of Si accelerates a fine dispersion of cementite and improves the hole expansion property.
The microstructure has the effect on the shape of burr on the punched face, a micro-crack condition or a crack propagation property and as the result, it affects the hole expansion property.
|Technical Paper||On-Line Nugget Expulsion Detection for Aluminium Spot Welding and Weldbonding|
|Technical Paper||Advances in Wheel Uniformity|
|Technical Paper||Reduction in Weight of Steel Wheels by Development of 780 MPa-Grade Hot Rolled Steel Sheets|
CitationMatsuzu, N., Itami, A., and Koyama, K., "Stretch-Flange Formability of High-Strength Steel," SAE Technical Paper 910513, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/910513.
- Takechi H. Akisue O. HSLA Steels Metal Appl. 1986 977
- Mizui M. Herai T. Sekine T. Soneda S. SAE 850540 1985
- Furukawa K. Morikawa H. Endoh M. Tetsu-to-Hagané 65 1979 A189
- Rashid M.S. Rathke A.E. SAE 810026 1981
- Butler J.F. Bucher J.H. Iron and Steel International April 1979 85
- Sudo M. Iwai T. Tetsu-to-Hagané 68 1982 9 1185
- Sudo M. Hashimoto S. Kambe S. Tetsu-to-Hagané 68 1982 9 1211