This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Flexible Production Environment
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
New technologies, evolving customer requirements, different process procedures, part changes, inequities between CAD model and actual fixtures and parts, and other problems all require a flexible process environment. However, increased process complexities place a burden on production operators.
CIMCORP has developed a flexible environment for drilling, routing and waterjet cutting composites. The system accepts off-line CAD/CAM generated part programs, allows on-line creation and editing of programs, integrates customer expertise to help optimize production, yet maintains a simple production level environment. The environment utilizes pop-up menus and pull down interaction windows to reduce operator input to known values. An on-line RS-274 editor, communication with intelligent peripheral devices, and system administration screens for reconfiguration of process parameters are also included.
The flexible system is configurable to meet customer specific needs, while maintaining production level operator interaction. This environment preserves process integrity, using proven, documented, parametric information, rather than operator skill.
CitationBrisson, D. and Cunov, J., "A Flexible Production Environment," SAE Technical Paper 902041, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/902041.
- Simes D.K. Sirsky P.A. “Human Factors: An Exploration of the Psychology of Human-Computer Dialogues” Advances in Human-Computer Interaction Hartson H. Rex
- Pocock R.A. Klein M.A. “International User Interface Customisation” Proceedings of the IFIP WG 2.6 Working Conference on the Future of Command Languages 1985
- Norman D.A. “Cognitive Engineering Principles in the Design of Human-Computer Interfaces” Proceedings on the Conference on Human-Computer Interaction 1984
- Bass L.J. “The Components of a Generalised User Interface” Proceedings of the IFIP WG 2.6 Working Conference on the Future of Command Languages 1985
- Madhavji N.H. Choudhury S. Robson R. Friedman N. “On Commands for an Integrated Programming Environment” Proceedings of the IFIP WG 2.6 Working Conference on the Future of Command Languages 1985
- Marguilies F. “Trade Union Aspects and Experiences With Work on VDU's” Proceedings of the International Workshop on Ergonomic Aspects of Visual Display Terminals 1980