This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Dynamixer - A Natural-Gas Carburettor System for Lean-Burn Vehicle Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A carburettor system has been designed for lean-burn heavy-duty engines to use natural gas as a fuel. The system is applied in a program of converting existing diesel buses to spark-ignition operation on natural gas. The system provides adequate air-to-fuel-ratio control, mixture homogeneity and step response. Its simplicity and ruggedness are the keys to good reliability and repeatability.
CitationKlimstra, J., "The Dynamixer - A Natural-Gas Carburettor System for Lean-Burn Vehicle Engines," SAE Technical Paper 901498, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/901498.
- Hundleby, G.E. “Low Emission Approaches for Heavy-Duty Gas-Powered Urban Vehicles” SAE Paper 892134 1989
- Weaver, C.S. “Natural Gas Vehicles - A Review of the State of the Art” SAE Paper 892133 1989
- Lavoie, G.A. “Experimental and Theoretical Study of Nitric Oxide Formation in Internal Combustion Engines” Combustion Science and Technology 1 313 326 1970
- Dyer, T.M. “On the sources of unburned hydrocarbon emissions from lean burn engines” VDI-Berichte 578 17 36 Dusseldorf 1985
- Klimstra, J. “Carburettors for Gaseous Fuels - On Air-to-Fuel Ratio, Homogeneity and Flow Restriction” SAE Paper 892141 1989
- Klimstra, J. “Catalytic Converters for Natural-Gas-Fueled Engines - A Measurement and Control Problem” SAE Paper 872165 1987
- Karim, G.A. Wierzba I. “Comparitive Studies of Methane and Propane as Fuels for Spark Ignition Engines” SAE Paper 831196 1983
- Klimstra, J. “Developments in Performance of Lean-Burn Gas Engines” International Gas Research Conference November 6 9 Tokyo 1989
- Taylor, C.F. “The Internal Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice” II MIT-Press Cambridge MA 1980
- Klimstra, J. “Interchangeability of Gaseous Fuels - The Importance of the Wobbe Index” SAE Paper 861578 1986
- Cartellieri, W.P. Ospelt W.M. Landfahrer K. 1989
- “Fast Response HC-measurements” Automotive Engineering 98 March 1990