This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Simplified Two-Axle Tire Uniformity Tester
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The simplified two-axle tire uniformity tester (abbreviated to “developed tester”, hereunder) has been developed as a compact, light-weight and low-cost tester which enables measurement of uniformity of passenger car tire assemblies.
In the developed tester, a radial force and a lateral force of the rolling tire under setting load can be detected continuously and in addition, with high precision. Furthermore, variations of these forces have close relation with the riding comfort and stability and controllability.
Therefore, the developed tester can be used as a tool for judging whether or not problems relating to vehicle noise and vibration are attributable to the problem caused by tires.
CitationMatsushima, S., Doi, S., and Yamamoto, Y., "Development of Simplified Two-Axle Tire Uniformity Tester," SAE Technical Paper 900758, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/900758.
- Nedly A. Lloyd “Effect of Wheel Nonuniformities on the Tire-Wheel Assembly and the Vehicle” SAE 68005 1968
- Gursky L. A. “Tire Uniformity and correlation to Vehicle Ride” SAE 710086 1971
- Klamp W. K. Meingast J. “Higher Orders of Tire Force Variations and Their Significance” SAE 720463 1972
- Pottinger Marion G. “Ply Steer in Radial Carcass Tire” SAE 760731 1976
- Lippmann S. A. Oblizajek K. L. “Instrumented Approaches to Ride comfort from the Perspective of Tire Engineers” SAE 810063 1981
- Holcombe Michael G. “A Method for Determining Tire and Wheel Uniformity needs Using Ride Rating Simulations” SAE 880579 1988
- Topping Richard W. “Tire Induced Steering Pull” SAE 750406 1975
- Lindenmuth Bruce E. “Tire Conicity and Plysteer Effects on Vehicle Performance” SAE 740074 1974
- “Testing Machines for Measuring the Uniformity of Passenger Car and Light Truck Tires” SAE J332-AUG81
- Okamoto Masayoshi “TUO-P1 Passenger Car Tire Uniformity Machine” R & D KOBE STEEL ENGINEERING REPORTS 35 3 1985
- Miki K. Fukui K. Hayashi Y. Hasegawa J. “Dynamic Characteristics of Motor Vehicles on Drum Tester for a Motion System of a Driving Simulator” SAE 861374 1986