This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Non-Ni Low H2 S Pt/Rh/CeO2 TWC Catalyst
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A screening of new base metal oxides, which suppress H2S formation in Pt/Rh/CeO2 TWC catalysts, has been conducted using thermodynamic calculations.
As a result, several promissing candidates were found, and most of the candidates exhibited H2S suppression effects in an engine H2S formation test. However, many of these candidates for Pt/Rh/CeO2 TWC catalyst negatively affected catalytic performance after thermal and engine agings. Among the candidates, the most prospective candidate as a non-Ni type H2S scavenger was GeO2.
Test results of an advanced type Pt/Rh/CeO2 TWC catalyst with GeO2 also showed both H2S suppression effectiveness and no negative effects on catalytic performance. This catalyst is expected to be one of non-Ni low H2S Pt/Rh/CeO2 TWC catalyst candidates for near future applications.
CitationYamada, T., Kayano, K., and Funabiki, M., "Development of Non-Ni Low H2 S Pt/Rh/CeO2 TWC Catalyst," SAE Technical Paper 900611, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/900611.
- Gottberg I. Hogberg E. Weber K. SAE Paper 890491 1989
- Barnes G. J. Summers J. C. SAE Paper 750093 1975
- Cadle S. H. Mulawa P. A. SAE Paper 780200 1978
- Bradow R. L. Stump F. D. SAE Paper 770369 1977
- Joy G. C. Lester G. R. Molinaro F. S. SAE Paper 790943 1979
- Gandhi H. S. Yao H. C. Stepien H. K. Schelf M. SAE Paper 780606 1978
- Shelef M. Otto K. Otto N. C. Adv. in Catalysis 27 Academic Press 1978
- Diwell A. F. Hallett C. Taylor J. R. SAE Paper 872163 1987
- Gandhi S. H. Piken A. G. Stepien H. K. Selef M. Delosh R. G. Heyde M. E. SAE Paper 770196 1977
- Lox E. S. Engler B. H. Koberstein E. SAE Paper 890795 1989
- Henk M. G. White J. J. Denison G. W. SAE Paper 872134 1987
- Truex T. J. Windawi H. Ellgen P. C. SAE Paper 872162 1987
- Funabiki M. Yamada T. SAE Paper 881684 1988