This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Aerodynamic Development of the Opel Calibra
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Opel Calibra Coupe is an example of a newly developed series production vehicle which has been conceived with a view to low drag and good fuel consumption. A great deal of world-wide aerodynamic expertise went into its development, including newly developed measurement techniques and investigations to provide inputs for computational codes. The aerodynamic development program for the vehicle, from the 1:5 scale model stage to the full size detail development stage is outlined as well as specific examples of some interesting individual investigations.
CitationEmmelmann, H., Berneburg, H., and Schulze, J., "The Aerodynamic Development of the Opel Calibra," SAE Technical Paper 900317, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/900317.
- Cogotti A. “A strategy for optimum surveys of passenger car flow fields” SAE paper 890374 Detroit February 1989
- Cogotti A. “A two-component fiber-optic LDV system for automative aerodynamic research” SAE paper 880252 Detroit February 1988
- Mercker E. Knape H. W. “Ground simulation with moving belt and tangential blowing for full-scale automotive testing in a wind tunnel” SAE paper 890367 Detroit February 1989
- Hucho W.-H. et. al. “Aerodynamic of road vehicles” Butterworths 1986 0-408-01422-9
- Sorgatz U. R. Buchheim R. 1982
- Berndtsson A. et al. The Effect of Groundplane Boundary Layer Control on Automotive Testing in a Wind Tunnel SAE paper 880248 Detroit Feb. 1988
- Cogotti A. Aerodynamic Characteristics of Car Wheels - Impact of Aerodynamics on Vehicle Design Int. Journal of Vehicle Design SP3 London. 1983