This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Mack Trucks' CH600 Conventional Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Mack Trucks, Inc., recently introduced the all new CH600 Model, the first in a series of conventional vehicles designed for the 1990's. The CH was designed for applications in all segments of the Class 8 highway tractor market, including line-haul freight, liquid and bulk tanker, owner-operator, and local delivery. Program goals, development techniques, and key analysis methods are presented. The emphasis of this paper is on the design and development of the cab and frame - the key elements of the new vehicle.
|Technical Paper||An Objective Approach to Highway Truck Frame Design|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Measurement of Passenger Car, Light Truck, and Highway Truck and Bus Tire Rolling Resistance|
|Technical Paper||Special Guardrails to Contain and Redirect Large Trucks and Buses: An Italian Project|
CitationHomcha, S., Kohler, M., and Merkel, M., "Development of Mack Trucks' CH600 Conventional Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 892463, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/892463.
- J941 - Motor Vehicle Driver's Eye Range
- J1052-Motor Vehicle Driver and Passenger Head Position
- J1100-Motor Vehicle Dimensions
- H1252-Wind Tunnel Test Procedure for Trucks and Buses
- J1516-Accommodation Tool Reference Point
- J1517-Driver Selected Seat Position
- J1521-Truck Driver Shin-Knee Position for Clutch and Accelerator
- J1522-Truck Driver Stomach Position
- Junker Gerhard H. “New Criteria for Self-Loosening Fasteners under Vibration,” SAE Paper No. 690055