This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Profiles of Automobiles in the Year 2000
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
There have been various predictions made concerning the future profile for automobiles but such predictions have in many cases been based solely on anticipated advances in technology. In presenting a profile for automobiles in the year 2000, the writers predict the evolution and transfiguration of automobiles, taking both phases in the changing social environment and technical trends into account. Interest in automobiles is expected to shift from hardware to software and then to humanware (i.e. more emphasis is placed on the relationship with human beings), and automobiles will evolve and transfigure reflecting these changes.
CitationChikamori, S., Sumie, A., and Ohta, Y., "Profiles of Automobiles in the Year 2000," SAE Technical Paper 892008, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/892008.
- Institute of Population Problems, Ministry of Health and Welfare Future Estimated Population in Japan 17 1986 (Health and Welfare Statistics Association)
- Women Jobs Foundations Preliminary Research into Lifestyle of Women in 2000 54 1987
- National Land Agency Fourth Comprehensive National Development Plan 1987
- Transportation Economy Research Center Investigative Report on the Introduction of Methanol-Fueled Vehicles 7 1988
- Tahara T. Energy Leaf ‘86 20 1986 (Chishiki-sha)
- Rivard Jerome G. A Perspective Look at the U.S.A 6th Conference on Automotive Electronics 16 1987
- Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. Materials Forecast (Yano Keizai Kenkyusho)