This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Application of Structural-Acoustic Coupling Analysis to Boom Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Reduction of interior noise is an important factor in vehicle design and many experimental and theoretical studies have been carried out to find effective noise reduction techniques. Previously, we developed a Structural-Acoustic Uncoupled Program, ACOUST3, as a technique for estimating low-frequency noise in the vehicle interior. In the present work, ACOUST3 has been extended to construct an acoustic coupling analysis system, ASCA, which is used to calculate low-frequency noise, such as boom noise. In order to calculate low-frequency noise accurately, it is necessary to represent the vibration characteristics of the trimmed body as closely as possible. To do this, we built a trimmed body model, incorporating 22 trim parts, based on vibration test results, and found that the calculated results obtained with the model correlated well with experimental data. This confirmed that the ASCA system can estimate low-frequency interior noise with good accuracy, making it a useful tool for reducing noise and vibration at the vehicle design and development stage.
CitationYamazaki, I. and Inoue, T., "An Application of Structural-Acoustic Coupling Analysis to Boom Noise," SAE Technical Paper 891996, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/891996.
- Suzuki Y. Fujii Y. Watari A. “Reduction of Interior Car Noise by Using Vector Method,” FISITA 1978
- Flanigan D.L. Borders S.G. “Application of Acoustic Modeling for Vehicle Boom Analysis,” SAE Paper 840744
- Nagy L.I. Dede M. Campbell G.C. Borders S.G. “Acoustic Analysis of a Light Truck Cab,” SAE Paper 880911
- Nefska D.J. Borders S.G. “Computer-Aided Structural-Acoustic Design for Vehicle Interior Noise Reduction,” NOISE-CON 85 159 164
- Yashiro H. Suzuki K Kajio Y. Hagiwara I. Arai A. “An Application of Structural-Acoustic Analysis to Car Body Structure,” SAE Paper 850961
- MacNeal R.H. Citerley R. Chargin M. “A New Method for Analyzing Fluid-Structure Interaction Using MSC/NASTRAN,” Conference on Finite Element Methods and Technology MSC Publication 1980
- Katagami T. et al “Joint Stiffness in Vehicle Structure (1): A Method of Evaluating Joint Stiffness,” Pre-print of JASE on Joint Stiffness, 881065 Japanese
- Katagami T. et al “Joint Stiffness in Vehicle Structure (2): Joint Stiffness of L, T and Y Type Joint Structures,” Pre-print of JASE on Joint Stiffness, 881066 Japanese