This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Based Computational Fluid Dynamic Simulation using KIVA with a Transputer Based Concurrent Computer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Transputer based concurrent processing has been applied to an extensive engine based Camputational Fluid Dynamics Code - KIVA, and demonstrated to be effective in terms of accuracy and cost. Scope exists for further adaptation of the code to the hardware to enhance performance.
The use of concurrent processing with Transputer hardware merits consideration as a powerful and inexpensive engineering computational aid.
CitationShioji, M., Dent, J., and Wright, C., "Engine Based Computational Fluid Dynamic Simulation using KIVA with a Transputer Based Concurrent Computer," SAE Technical Paper 891986, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/891986.
- Amsden A.A. Ramshaw J.D. O'Rourke P.J. J.K. Dukowicz “KIVA - A Computer Program for Two and Three Dimensional Fluid Flows with Chemical Reactions and Fuel Sprays” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA - 10245 - MS February 1985
- Ginsberg M. An Overview of the Computational Environments offered by Current and Future Supercomputers S.A.E. Paper No 850472 - March 1985
- Gilaber P. Validation of a Multidimensional Heat Transfer Model for S.I. Engines. Conference: Heat and Mass Transfer in Gasoline and Diesel Engines - ICHMT Dubrovnik - August 1987
- Pinchon P. Baritaud T. Modelling of Flow and Combustion in a Spark Ignition Engine with a Shrouded Valve and Comparison with Experiments. ibidem
- Theobald M.A. Cheng W.K. A Numerical Study of Diesel Ignition. ASME Paper No 87-FE-2 Presented at the Energy - Sources Technology Conference Dallas, Texas 1987