This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quantitative Relations of Combustion in a D.I. Diesel Engine (Rapid Combustion Period)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
On the basis of heat release progresses for the various operating conditions acquired from a quiescent directinjection diesel engine, the quantitative relations between the quantities relating to the combustion in the rapid combustion period are examined by experiment. A couple of linear relations causing a particular feature of the burning process in this combustion period and some other relating fundamental properties are found and discussed. The experimental equations for the principal relations are also given. Acquired results illustrate the existence of macroscopic quantitative relations holding in the combustion process in diesel engines.
CitationGyakushi, N. and Takamoto, Y., "Quantitative Relations of Combustion in a D.I. Diesel Engine (Rapid Combustion Period)," SAE Technical Paper 891918, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/891918.
- AustenA.E.W. LynW.T., “Relation between Fuel Injection and Heat Release in a Direct-Injection Engine and the Nature of the Combustion Processes”, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engr. (A.D.), No.1, (1960-61), P.47.
- IkegamiM. NagaoF., “An Analysis of Combustion Knock in a Diesel Engine”, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engr., Vol.184, Pt.3, (1969-70), P.62.
- KobayashiH., KamimotoT. and MatsuokaS., “A Photographic and Thermodynamic Study on Diesel Combustion in a Rapid Compression Machine (Comparisons between Sprays and Flames)”, Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., Vol.48, No. 426, B(1982), P.389
- BoschW., “Der Einspritzgesets-Indikator, in neues Messgerat zur direkten Beistimmung des Einspritagesetaes von Einaeleinspritzungen”, MTZ, Vol.25, No.7 (1964), P.268.
- AnnandW.J.D., “Heat Transfer in the Cylinder of Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines”, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engr., Vol.36, No.177 (1963), P.973.