This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experiment and Research on Truck Platform Made of Bamboo Plywood
Published November 01, 1989 by Society of Automotive Engineers of China in China
Annotation ability available
Using bamboo to replace wood for truck platform can save wood and improve quality greatly, which will bring both enormous economic profits and social benefits. Research achievement has been described. Bamboo plywood is a synthetic material based on the bamboo materials. The authors have applied up-to-date testing methods, such as dynamic measurement and road simulation etc. to compare the physical-chemical and mechanical properties of bamboo plywood and wood plate. Platforms made of bamboo plywood and wood plate have been tested respectively. The testing result showed that structure stiffness, mechanical strength, endurance of bamboo plywood platform are better than those of wooden platform, and it offers fundamental possibility for using bamboo plywood in automotive platform manufacturing.
|Technical Paper||Test Methods and Computer Modeling for the Analysis of Ground Vehicle Handling|
|Technical Paper||Load Sharing in High Contact Ratio Truck Transmission Gearing|
|Technical Paper||Study of 450-kW Ultra Power Dynamic Charging System|
CitationZemin, H., Feihu, Y., Qizhong, C., and Xiaoqin, Y., "Experiment and Research on Truck Platform Made of Bamboo Plywood," SAE Technical Paper 891361, 1989.
- Feihu Yu “Application of Bamboo Plywood in Automotive Platform Manufacturing” Light Duty Truck Technology 1988 1
- Qisheng Zhang Helang Huang “Performances of Bamboo Plywood and Its Measurement” Report of the Test of Bamboo Plywood Nanjing Forestry University
- Qidu Quan “Optimum Design Method of Truck Platform Frame and Its Application” SAE C-8701015
- Persson I. Holgersson M. “Body Structure and Vehicle Dynamics” The Dynamics of Vehicle 1986
- Ewins D. J. “Modality Measurement: Theory and Practice”
- Smith M. S. “Structure Dynamics”