This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Systematic Approach to Develop and Use Boron Alloy Steels in Truck Production in the Second Auto Works of China
Published November 01, 1989 by Society of Automotive Engineers of China in China
Annotation ability available
The Second Auto Works of China has been extensively using boron steels in its truck manufacture with accumulation of experience over 20 years, four grades of boron steels are now in regular production with accumulated consumption of about 450,000 tons. Another three grades are in different R&D stages. A new steel series based on silicon manganese, vanadium and boron has come into being. All manufactured parts must stand field teats on very difficult terrain on the Chinese land. It has been proved by practice that boron steels can cope with requirements of truck design, manufacture and field usage. They are economical not only financially, but also on strategic material consumption.
Also presented are discussions on boron steel peculiarities.
CitationChaoxia, L., Shangchao, L., Mingang, Z., and Deyu, Z., "A Systematic Approach to Develop and Use Boron Alloy Steels in Truck Production in the Second Auto Works of China," SAE Technical Paper 891359, 1989.
- Grange, R.A. et al Boron in Iron and Steel, Boron, Calcium Columbium and Zirconium in Iron and Steel 1957
- McBride C.C. Spretnak J.M. Speiser R. Trans. ASM 46 1954 499 520
- Deyu Zhi Summarization of FAW's Efforts to Economize Nickel and Chromium in the past Year and Striving for Further Progress FAW 1958
- FAW: A Research into the Properties of the Mew Steel 40MnB and others Institue of Technical Information, First Ministry of Machine Building Jan. 1960
- Guisheng Yao Chaoxia Li Riheng Cai Zhan Guozhi:Research on Boron Steels for Carburization Paper presented to the First Congress of Chinese Auto Industry 1963
- Deyin Zhao Zuo Li An Investigation into the Application of Low Carbon High Strength Martensitic Steel Bolts in Trucks Auto Technology 3 1981
- Mingang Chu Deyu Zhi Some Features of Material Usage in the Chinese EQ 140 Truck IPC-1 Nov. 1981 SAE 811423
- Chaoxia Li Huichao Li Hardenability of Gear Steel and its Influence on Properties SAW Science and Technology August 1986
- SAW and Shanghai Auto Leaf Spring Plant Final R&D Report on 55SiMnVB Leaf Spring, SAW Technical Information 1974
- Yaoming Chen Yiming Bu Design and Calculation of Auto Leaf Springs Technical Bulletin of SAW of Shiyan 2 October 1978
- Chaoxia Li Yiming Bu An Investigation into a New Steel Grade for Leaf Springs and Its Fatigue Properties Technical Bulletin of SAW of Shiyan 3 1980
- Minliang Tang Bangjun Shen Yaofeng Chen Chuanpu Bi Chaoxia Li Yaoming Chen Yiming Bu Application of a Double-Grooved Spring Steel 55SiMnVB in the Aeolus EQ-140 Truck IPC-4 1987
- Deyin Zhao Zao Li The Use of Low-carbon, Manganese, Vanadium Boron Steel (15MnVB) to Make Automotive High Strength Bolts and Studs The Second International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering Nov. 1983
- Peiliang Li Chaoxia Li Effect of Carbon Content on Hardenability of Boron Steel Technical Bulletin of SAW of Shiyan 3 April 1980
- Grossmann, M.A. Elements of Hardenability ASM 1952
- Chaoxia Li Shangchao Liu Research into Abnormal Microstructure in Steels, Collection of Research Papers on Boron Steels Metallurgical Industry Publishing Co. March 1981
- Chaoxia Li Peculiarity and Transformation of Boron Phase and Influence on Properties of Boron Steel Heat Treatment of Metals 8 1981
- Yuhe Liu The Boron Distribution and Its Effects in Carburized Steel 20MnVB Automotive Engineering 4 Nov. 1986
- Jiawen Zhou Guangqi Peng An Investigation into the Toughness of a Low Carbon Boron Steel 20MnVB The Third International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering Nov. 1985
- (Journal of The Iron Steel Institute of Japan) 60 10 1974