This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automated Aircraft Configuration Design and Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The University of Kansas, Flight Research Laboratory is developing an interactive, user-friendly computer program to perform preliminary design and analysis functions for fixed wing airplanes. This paper presents a discussion of the current status of this program. Use of the program is illustrated with an example application to an advanced stealth bomber.
CitationRoskam, J. and Malaek, S., "Automated Aircraft Configuration Design and Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 891072, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/891072.
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part I: Preliminary Sizing of Airplanes 1989
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part II: Preliminary Configuration Design and Integration of the Propulsion System 1989
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part III: Layout Design of Cockpit, Fuselage, Wing and Empennage: Cutaways and inboard Profiles 1989
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part IV: Layout Design of Landing Gear and Systems 1989
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part V: Component Weight Estimation 1989
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part VI: Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic, Thrust and Power Characteristics 1987
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part VII: Determination of Stability, Control and Performance Characteristics: FAR and Military Requirements 1988
- Roskam J. Airplane Design, Part VIII: Air plane Cost Estimation: Design, Development, Manufacturing and Operating 1990