This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Contribution to the Determination of Frictional Losses of Radial Shaft Seals
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The results of torque measurements as well as discussion of different parameters which affect the measured value of torque are presented. The influence of methodology of experiments carried-out in either high or low temperatures has been accentuated.
|Technical Paper||A Friction-Reducing Shaft Surface for Use With Standard Radial Sharp Lip Oil Seals|
|Technical Paper||Development of Low Friction Oil Seals for Automobiles|
|Technical Paper||Testing Gasket Materials for Design Purposes|
CitationGawlinski, M. and Upper, G., "A Contribution to the Determination of Frictional Losses of Radial Shaft Seals," SAE Technical Paper 890664, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890664.
- Brink R.V. “Oil Seal Life - Good Loading or Good Luck” SAE Paper 650656
- Schnurle F. Upper. “Influence of Hydrodynamics on the Performance of Radial Lip Seals ASLE Trans 16 4 310 315
- Gawlinski M. Podkomorzy K. “Experimental Investigation of Frictional Losses in Oil Lip Seals” Reports of TU of Wroclaw ordered by Dichtungstechnik G.Bruss KG
- “Measuring Radial Lip Seals Torque and Power Consumption” Technical Bulletin, Oil Seal Subdivision 1986
- SAE Recommendation SAE J 110 C
- Hirano et al. “Friction and sealing characteristic of oil seal” International Conference on Fluid Seal BHRA 1961