This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Software Services in Automotive Class A and B Multiplex Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As multiplex hardware moves toward standardization, vehicle multiplex network devices will require increased software support for application specific services. The use of software engineering principles and the design of a Common Software Interface between the application program and the logical device (hardware and physical interface software) enables more efficient software development and allows for software reusability.
This paper explores concepts for Software Services in lower data rate multiplex multi-master network architectures. As both Object-Oriented design and the C++ language are shown to offer advanced programming methods for implementing these services, a summary of how they aid in the overall application specific services is shown. Finally, a proposal for a Common Software Interface for multiplex applications is discussed.
|Technical Paper||Reducing Cycle Time and Costs of Embedded Control Software Using Rapid Prototyping and Automated Code Generation and Test Tools|
|Technical Paper||A Systematic Approach to Testing Automotive Control Software|
CitationZachos, M., "Software Services in Automotive Class A and B Multiplex Applications," SAE Technical Paper 890534, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890534.
- Sommerville Ian Software Engineering - Second Edition Addison-Wesley 1985
- Krodel Jim Software Trends Report United Technologies Research Center 1986
- Peterson James L. Silberschatz Abraham Operating Systems Concepts Addison-Wesley 1985
- Collins John P. Lewitt Miles M. “An Object Oriented Operating System for Microcomputers” Computer Design June 1982 165 172
- Savitzky Stephen Real-Time Microprocessor Systems Van Nostrand Reinhold 1985
- Stroustrup Bjarne “What is Object-Oriented Programming?” IEEE Software May 1988 10 20
- Stroustrup Bjarne The C++ Programming Language Addison-Wesley 1986
- Coggins James M, “Object-Oriented Programming in C++” Proceedings of the IEEE Atlanta Software Technology Conference 1987
- The Manufacturing Automation Protocol General Motors Corp. August 1 1988
- Fong Kester Schohl Karl E. “An ISO/OSI Application Layer Interface Specification: MAP and TOP 3.0 Application Interface.” Open Systems Data Transfer October 1988