This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in Engines by Using a Two-Color High Speed Shutter TV Camera System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A two-color high speed shutter TV camera system has been developed as a new sensing device for measuring the flame temperature in engines. The TV camera system can measure the radiant intensities of high temperature substances accurately and rapidly. And, the two-dimensional temperature distribution can be easily calculated from the radiant intensities by using an image processor. This system is applicable to measurement of flame temperatures in diesel and gasoline engines. The relation between the progress of combustion phenomena and the measured temperature distribution is clearly explained. It is confirmed that the system is effective for measurement of the flame temperature distribution in engines.
CitationKawamura, K., Saito, A., Yaegashi, T., and Iwashita, Y., "Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in Engines by Using a Two-Color High Speed Shutter TV Camera System," SAE Technical Paper 890320, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890320.
- Ahn S. K. Matsui Y. Kamimoto T. Hatsuoka S. “Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in a D.I: Diesel Engine by Means of Image Analysis of Nega-Color Photographs” SAE Paper No. 810183
- Matsuoka S. “Creation of Image on Diesel Spray and Flame by Means of Rapid Combustion Machine and D.I. Diesel Engine” SAE Paper No. 830447
- Agnew W. G. SAE Transactions 69 495 1961
- Hottel H. G. Broughton F. P. “Determination of True Temperature and Total Radiation from Luminous Gas Flame” Ind. Engrg. Chem. 4 2 166 1932
- Matsui Y. Kamimoto T. Matsuoka S. Oguri A. “Research on Measurement of Diesel Flame Temperature” JSME 44 377 228 1983