This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structure of Sprays from Fuel Injectors - Part II, The Ford DFI - 3 Fuel Injector
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
|Technical Paper||An Experimental and Analytical Study of Engine Fuel Spray Trajectories|
|Technical Paper||Photographic Study of Combustion in Compression-Ignition Engine|
|Technical Paper||Looking in on Diesel Combustion|
- D. Laforgia - Princeton University, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton, NJ
- B. Chehroudi - Princeton University, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton, NJ
- F. V. Bracco - Princeton University, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton, NJ
CitationLaforgia, D., Chehroudi, B., and Bracco, F., "Structure of Sprays from Fuel Injectors - Part II, The Ford DFI - 3 Fuel Injector," SAE Technical Paper 890313, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890313.
- Simko A., Choma M.A. and Repko L.L. “Exhaust Emission Control by the Ford Programmed Combustion Process-PROCO,” SAE Paper 720052, 1972.
- Lancaster D.R., “Diagnostic Investigation of HC Emissions from a Direct-Injection Stratified-Charge Engine with Early Injection,” GM Research Report GMR-3344. Also presented at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London, England, November 1980.
- Shearer A.J. and Groff E.G., “Injection System Effects on Oscillating-Poppet-Injector Sprays,” Diesel and Gas Engine Power Division, ASME Technical Conference, Boulder, CO, 1984,
- Takagi T., “Computations and Analysis of Transient Hollow-Cone Sprays,” Report No. 1706, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, June 1985.
- Reitz R.D. and Diwakar R., “Effect of Drop Breakup on Fuel Sprays,” GM Research Report GMR-5160. Also presented at Western States Section of Combustion Institute, Univ. of Calif. Davis, CA, October 1985.
- Chehroudi B., Lombardi P., Felton P.G. and Bracco F.V., “Injection Pressure, Poppet Lift, and Spray Photographs of the GM COPI Injector,” Report No. 1744, Dept. of Mech. and Aero. Engrg., Princeton University, March 1986.
- Chehroudi B., Lombardi P., Felton P.G. and Bracco F.V., “Spray Photographs, Poppet Lift and Injection Pressure of an Oscillating Poppet Injector,” ASME J. of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 109, No. 3, pp. 289-296, 1987.
- Chehroudi B., Lombardi P. and Bracco F.V., “Drop Velocities in a Pulsating Hollow-Cone Spray,” ASME Winter Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, 1987.
- Chehroudi B. and Bracco F.V., “Structure of a Transient Hollow-Cone Spray,” SAE Paper 880522, 1988.
- Laforgia D., Chehroudi B. and Bracco F.V., “Injection Pressure, Poppet Lift, Spray Photographs and Malvern-Measured Drop Sizes for the Ford DFI-3 Fuel Injection System,” Report No. 1827, Dept. of Mech. and Aero. Engrg., Princeton University, July 1988.
- Mugele R.A. and Evans H.D., “Droplet-Size Distribution in Sprays,” Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol. 43, p. 1317, 1951.
- Dodge L.G., and Biaglow J.A., “Effect of Elevated Temperature and Pressure on Sprays From Simplex Swirl Atomizers,” J. of Eng. for Gas Turbines and Power, Paper No. 85-GT-58, 1985.
- Felton P.G., Hamidi A.A., and Aigal A.E., “Measurement of Drop Size Distribution in Dense Sprays by Laser Diffraction,” ICLASS-85, Vol. 2, p. IVA/4/1, July 1985.
- Dodge L.G., “Calibration of the Malvern Particle Sizer,” Applied Optics, Vol. 23, p. 2415, 1984.
- Chehroudi B. and Bracco F.V., “Drop Size and Velocity Measurements in Dense Fast Sprays,” 7th Army Research Office Engine/Fuel Workshop, Dearborn, MI, October 1987.