This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SAE Electronic Information - Databases, Software And Future Information Technologies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 22nd FISITA Congress
The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has been collecting and disseminating engineering technical literature since 1906. Subject coverage and methods of distribution have undergone many changes. Electronics, materials research, regulations and safety concerns illustrate the wide spectrum of topics the engineer of today must monitor. The increased use of computer technology to disseminate and manipulate information have promoted the development of electronic databases, personal computer software and other electronic media. SAE, in an effort to serve engineers, has adapted its products and services to reflect these changing information needs.
This paper describes TECH LIT™, UNSearch™ and AMSearch™, all IBM-compatible personal computer software based on SAE indexes and reference materials. SAE also produces two electronic databases, the SAE GLOBAL MOBILITY DATABASE™ and STANDARDS SEARCH™ DATABASE. These resources are accessible through the ORBIT® Search Service, the SAE LITSEARCH® Service or on magnetic tape.
|Aerospace Material Specification||Steel, Corrosion and Heat Resistant, Welding Wire 9.0Mn - 20Cr - 6.2Ni - 0.20N|
|Technical Paper||Precision Farming in Mechanized Agriculture|
|Technical Paper||Feature Based Architecture Design and Functional Partitioning to Subsystems|
CitationHaugh, A., "SAE Electronic Information - Databases, Software And Future Information Technologies," SAE Technical Paper 885156, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/885156.
- Metals & Alloys in the Unified Numbering System SAE/HS J1086 APR 86 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1986
- Haugh, Amy J. “SAE Databases & Software: Past, Present & Future,” SAE Technical Paper 871932 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1987
- Culver, Robert N. Under Fredrick C. Andrews Howard W. et al “The Corporate Technical Information System: The Ford Inhouse Information Utility,” SAE Technical Paper 871927 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1987
- Poor, William E. “SAE Global Mobility Database as an In-house Engineering Resource,” SAE Technical Paper 871929 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1987
- Kunkel Barbara “Electronic Information Access-A Library of Information Available at the Terminal,” SAE Technical Paper 871930 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1987
- Morris, Raymond A. “SAE-The Information Source for Automotive Technology,” SAE Technical Paper 780093 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1978
- Conger Lucinda “Catching up to Online,” DATABASE SEARCHER October 1987 12 14 17