This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristics Of Piston With Pressure Ring And One Narrow Single-Rail Oil Ring
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 22nd FISITA Congress
Proposed at Musashi I.T. Engine research Laboratory in order to realize a smaller size and lower friction piston was a new piston ring parkage, which consisted of one pressure ring and one narrow single-rail oil ring. The new package has tested for two different types of gasoline engines to examine its influences on blow-by, piston temperature, piston friction and oil consumption. Efforts have been also made to improve these characteristics of the package and have resulted in its promising prospects.
|Technical Paper||Cylinder Bore Finishes and Their Effect on Oil Consumption|
|Technical Paper||Characteristics of Single Fuel Droplet Impact on Oil Film|
CitationTakiguchi, M., Hyuga, T., and Furuhama, S., "Characteristics Of Piston With Pressure Ring And One Narrow Single-Rail Oil Ring," SAE Technical Paper 885131, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/885131.
- Furuhama S. Hiruma M. Axial Movement of Piston Rings in the Groove ASLE Trans. 15 4 278 1972
- Furuhama S. Sasaki S. New Device for the Measurement of Piston Friction Forces in Small Engines SAE paper 831284
- Furuhamaand S. Hiruma M. Some Characteristics of Oil Consumption Measured by Hydrogen Fueled Engine Lubrication Eng. 34-12 665 1978
- Tada T. Furuhama S. On the Heat Flow from the Pistons in a Farm Type Gasoline Engine JSME Bulletin 7-28 784 1964
- Furuhama S. Suzuki H. Temperature Distribution of Piston Rings and Piston in High Speed Diesel Engine JSME Bulletin 22-174 1788 1979
- Furuhama S. Ichikawa H. L-Ring Effect on Air-Cooled Two-Stroke Gasoline Engines SAE-paper 730188
- Furuhama S. Takiguchi M. Measurement of Piston Frictional Force in Actual Operating Diesel Engine SAE-paper 790855
- Furuhama S. Asahi C. Hiruma M. Measurement of Piston Ring Oil Film Thickness in an Operating Engine ASLE-82-1C-6C-1